Table of Contents
University of the Western Cape – Bellville, Cape Town, Western Cape
Closing date 14 April 2023
- Campus Protection Services seeks a suitably qualified and experienced energetic individual that will drive Campus Protection section at the university and compliance with relevant environmental health and safety legislation.
- Reporting to the Traffic Co-Coordinator: Reports incidents & performs special operations within UWC including the control of, regulating and enforcing law on traffic and transport.
- Assist with security operations.
- Grade 12 Certificate
- 3 years Traffic Officer Experience
- PSIRA Registered Grade B
- Driver’s license 08 (accident-free license for at least 2 years)
Skills & Competencies
- Report writing skills
- Organisational skills
- Communication skills with a strong knowledge of traffic management
- Executing the traffic operational plans e.g. disabled visitors, access, deployment of staff, etc.
- Organising event signage — deployment and removal
- Inspecting vehicle according to procedure
- Enforcing speed law enforcement
- Escorting & directing, safe keeping and parking arrangements for VIP’s
- Regulating pedestrian crossing
- Attend to staff and student complaints
- Compiling of accident report operations report
- Conducting Road Blocks and road safety campaigns
- Completing log book and recording mileage done daily of departmental vehicles
- Conducting maintenance checks — batteries, tyre pressure, lights, horn, jacks, equipment, etc. of the vehicle
- Checking vehicle oil and water levels
- Checking vehicle licenses
- Confirming own licenses (code 08 / EB) are current
- Reporting on defects, incidents / accidents and service requirements for insurance purposes to leadership and Transport unit
- Parking vehicles in designated areas — Campus Protection Service courtyard
- Paying personal fines
- Assist with traffic congestion at the access control points
- In your application, you are encouraged to highlight your strengths and also include anything else that you feel may be pertinent to the selection panel.
- Please attach your covering letter, a detailed curriculum vitae and highest qualification to your online profile.
- To be considered for this vacancy, you must click on the Apply for this Job link below or apply directly via UWC Careers.
- Please contact the Human Resources Department at +27 21 959 4063/9763/9708/3551/3756 or email: [email protected]
- Main Campus
To apply for this job please visit uwc.hua.hrsmart.com.