Company : United Nations (UN)
Location : Pretoria, South Africa
Closing date: 10 June 2021
United Nations (UN): Generation Equality Forum Internship 2021
Under the overall supervision of Programme Management Specialist, the intern will work to support the units’ daily responsibilities in relation to programming, finance, general logistics, administration and coordination.
- Support research on various topics relevant to the units;
- Support in drafting of relevant program reports for the unit;
- Gather and provide information for the drafting of concept notes and proposals;
- Support in planning and organizing workshops, events, seminars and meetings and the required logistical preparations and support;
- Draft minutes, workshop reports, letters, invitation and other correspondence under guidance of supervisor and with support from unit members;
- Ensure the maintenance of filing system and the organization of program documents;
- Carry out any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor.
- University studies in one of the following disciplines:
- Humanitarian and Disaster Management studies,
- Conflict Prevention,
- Social Science,
- Development Cooperation,
- Gender Studies,
- Women’s Rights,
- Public Administration
- or other relevant subjects is required;
- Must have graduated with a university degree and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one-year period of graduation.
- or be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum bachelor’s level or equivalent);
- or be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree / postgraduate or higher);
- Respect for Diversity;
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues;
- Creative Problem Solving;
- Effective Communication;
- Inclusive Collaboration;
- Stakeholder Engagement;
- Leading by Example.
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit jobs.undp.org.