Intern (contract appointment: 1 year) (3 positions)
Job ID: 3804
KINDLY TAKE NOTE: Applications may only be submitted online through the official UFS vacancy website: http://www.ufs.ac.za/templates/vacancies. Applications submitted through any other platform will not be considered.
Please ensure that all relevant documentation is attached to your application. INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
- a detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter (please note that the first three (3) referees on your CV will be contacted with regard to reference checking);
- certified copies (not older than 6 months) of all academic records;
- certified copies (not older than 6 months) of qualifications (please provide the SAQA accreditation in the case of foreign qualifications);
- a certified copy (not older than 6 months) of your identity document (ID);
- proof of registration with a Professional Body (if applicable);
- a copy of your driver’s license (if applicable).
Duties and responsibilities:
Gain exposure and perform the following tasks:
- Process transactions on PeopleSoft.
- Capture data.
- Assist with NSFAS/bursary allocations, disbursements, and funding related administration.
- Journalize rectifications/changes to accounts/entities.
- Handle account and general enquiries.
- A Bachelor’s degree or a B-Tech degree in Accounting or related field on NQF level 7.
• Results Orientated:
– The ability to stick with tasks, not give up, and overcome obstacles in completing one’s task.
– The ability to be reliable, responsible, dependable and to fulfil obligations.
– The ability to maintain composure and self-control.
• Strategic Thinking:
– The ability to focus on details, work towards perfection, and approach work in a neat and organised manner.
– The ability to plan work and to follow plans.
– The ability to carefully analyse information and use logic to address issues and problems at work.
• Business Acumen:
– The ability to adhere to rules and strictly follow work regulations.
– Proficient in using MS Office.
– The ability to maintain high levels of personal motivation, energy and enthusiasm.
– The ability to be cooperative with others, display a good-natured attitude, and encourage people to work together.
• Building Coalitions:
– The ability to be self-assured and at ease with people in all types of social situations.
– The ability to interact with others and establish personal connections with people.
– The ability to make decisions through consultation, collaboration, and working with close supervision.
The following criteria apply to the selection of candidates:
- Not currently participating in an existing learnership / internship programme.
- Willing to sign a learnership / internship agreement with the UFS.
- Candidate must be available for a period of 1 year.
- Postgraduate qualification will serve as a recommendation.
Assumption of duties:
As soon as possible.
21 April 2021
The salary is R7 353.50 per month.
For enquiries, please feel free to contact 051 401 9848/ 7705 /7267 /9003 or email [email protected]