Centre for Teaching & Learning
Advising, Access and Success
Interns (contract appointment: 1 year)
(x4 positions) – Bloemfontein Campus
(x1 position) – South Campus
Job ID: 3803
KINDLY TAKE NOTE: Applications may only be submitted online through the official UFS vacancy website: http://www.ufs.ac.za/templates/vacancies. Applications submitted through any other platform will not be considered.
Please ensure that all relevant documentation is attached to your application. INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
- a detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter (please note that the first three (3) referees on your CV will be contacted with regard to reference checking);
- certified copies (not older than 6 months) of all academic records;
- certified copies (not older than 6 months) of qualifications (please provide the SAQA accreditation in the case of foreign qualifications);
- a certified copy (not older than 6 months) of your identity document (ID);
- proof of registration with a Professional Body (if applicable);
- a copy of your driver’s license (if applicable).
Duties and responsibilities:
- Answer calls/messages and emails received via the advising communication channels to offer relevant support for students (i.e. GPS contact centre).
- Assist the Central Advising team (BFN, South and QQ campuses) carrying out online advising research and practice initiatives.
- Assist with First Year and Senior specific orientation and registration focused advising support.
- Assist with adhoc student referral where online advising (chatbot and contact centre) are concerned.
- Support the team with the administrative and logistics related advising training and development initiatives.
- Databases: Compile/capture advising related data (i.e. evaluations/attendance registers, case management) database of advising initiatives.
- Assist advisors with providing thorough constructive referral and support feedback to students per the academic advising cycle and the relevant initiatives.
- A Bachelor’s degree on NQF level 7.
• Results Orientated:
o Ability to work well under pressure.
• Strategic Thinking:
o Good organisational skills and have the ability to manage events/processes effectively and independently.
• Business Acumen:
o The ability to adhere to rules and strictly follow work regulations.
o Proven computer skills, including but not limited to MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
o Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
o Basic qualitative and quantitative research skills.
o Time management skills.
o Excellent planning and organisational skills.
o Problem solving skills.
o Meticulous attention to detail.
o Ability to work effectively with others and have good interpersonal skills.
- A Bachelor Degree with Psychology or Industrial Psychology up to 3rd year level on NQF level 7.
The following criteria apply to the selection of candidates:
- Not currently participating in an existing learnership / internship programme.
- Willing to sign a learnership / internship agreement with the UFS.
- Candidate must be available for a period of 1 year.
- Postgraduate qualification will serve as a recommendation.
Assumption of duties:
As soon as possible.
19 April 2021
The salary is R7 353.50 per month.
For enquiries, please feel free to contact 051 401 9848/ 7705 /7267 /9003 or email [email protected]