Company : Technology Innovation Agency (TIA)
Location : Isipingo, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
Closing date: 15 October 2021
Technology Innovation Agency (TIA): Internship Programme 2021 / 2022
- General microbiological techniques;
- Scaling up cultivation of microbial cells from flasks to bioreactors.
- Troubleshooting bioreactor challenges and exposure to product and process bio-development Bioreactor experience/ fermentation technologies, downstream bioprocessing, microbiology.
- DNA extraction, Real-time PCR, experience with working in a pathology laboratory for infectious diseases.
- Mammalian cell culture;
- Enzyme linked immunosorbent assay;
- Protein purification;
- Protein biochemistry.
- Trouble shooting or optimization of PCR assays.
- Routine chemical analysis work,
- Carry out research projects as per customer requirements,
- Maintain SANAS ISO 17025 accreditation,
- Maintain chemical inventory database and stock taking, general housekeeping.
Graduates and postgraduates in the following streams are eligible to apply:
- National Diploma/Degree or BTech/Honours in: Biotechnology, Microbiology or Biochemistry.
- Degree or BTech/Honours in: Medical Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Medical Sciences, Microbiology or Biochemistry
- BTech/Honours in: Chemistry or Analytical Chemistry
- Must be a South African
- An agile team member;
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- A team builder.
- Must be adaptable and willing to work shifts.
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit jb.skillsmapafrica.com.