The SPEBS (SAICE Patrons Engineering Bursary Scheme) bursary scheme was founded in 1992 and is administered by the South African Institution of Civil Engineering, to financially assist academically deserving students.
Bursaries will be awarded to those studying towards a Civil Engineering Degree or National Diploma.
The bursary fund is currently awarded to a maximum value of R6 500 per student per semester – this funding is intended to assist students with paying for registration fees, tuition and prescribed books.
Successful candidates will receive feedback during March 2021 or September 2021, when they will be required to provide certified proof of registration.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SPEBS BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying towards a Civil Engineering qualification (Degree or National Diploma)
- You must have passed and completed all previous subjects
- Degree students: you must have passed first semester exams – the bursary will sponsor 2nd, 3rd and 4th year students
- National Diploma students: you must have passed S1/ first level exams – the bursary will sponsor S2, S3 and S4 students
- You must be studying at a recognised tertiary institution in South Africa
- You must have proven financial need
- You must good academic record
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE SPEBS BURSARY
Download and complete the SAICE SPEBS Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Full tertiary academic record to date (certified copy)
- Proof of tertiary registration (certified copy) (successful applicants only)
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
1) Email: [email protected]
2) Fax: 011 805 5971
SAICE Career Guidance
Private Bag X200
CLOSING DATES FOR THE SPEBS BURSARY
First semester: 31 January 2021.
Second semester: 31 July 2021.
(Applications submitted after these dates will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact SAICE directly:
SAICE – SPEBS Desk
Contact Persons: Fridah Mahlangu
Tel: 011 805 5947
Fax: 011 805 5971
Email: [email protected] / [email protected]