Table of Contents
South African Medical Research Council – Cape Town, Western Cape
Closing date 11 April 2023
- The Non-Communicable Diseases Research Unit (NCDRU) is looking for an experienced, energetic and organized fieldworker to work on NCDRU Research studies.
- The fieldworker will be responsible for recruiting eligible participants and follow up enrolled participants to ensure full retention rate for studies and conduct interviews in identified health clinics and communities.
- At least two years of fieldwork experience.
- Matric certificate
- Speak fluent Afrikaans or isiXhosa in addition to English
- Driving license Code B or greater
Advantageous/ Preferred qualification/experience:
- Preferably have experience working in a research setting, which includes recruiting participants and other fieldwork activities for clinic-based research projects
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- A PDP will be advantageous.
Skills & Competencies
- Good computer skills
- Ensuring compliance with study protocols
- Working with the clinic staffs and community leaders to identify potential study participants
- Recruiting and tracking of study participants
- Conducting screening/recruitment interviews
- Conducting anthropometric measures
- Taking blood pressure measurements
- Administering of questionnaires
- Completing participant information i.e. appointment schedules, medicine prescription and delivery dates through accessing participants’ folders
- General project administrative tasks including quality assurance, data entry and supply control tasks and daily reports
- Assisting project staff members with other tasks, when needed
- Possibly driving between SAMRC campus and research sites using the company’s vehicles
- Please quote the reference number in all communications.
- Please be advised that your submission will not be considered should your application not be accompanied by the required information and documentation.
- The SAMRC retains the right not to make an appointment.
- In accordance with the SAMRC’s Employment Equity Plan, preference will be given to suitably qualified candidates from the designated groups.
- For this reason, we require race, gender, and disability status to be specified.
- Disabled persons are encouraged to apply.
- By submitting your application, SAMRC concludes that you are a competent person to consent and that you are giving consent to the SAMRC to process and further process all personal information contained in the application in accordance with the Protection of Personal Information Act, Act No 4 of 2013 (as amended).
- Applicants are advised that the SAMRC has adopted a Workplace Policy on Covid-19 Vaccinations as part of its conditions of employment.
- The SAMRC does its best to provide the most accurate information; however, if there is anything wrong and unclear applicants are encouraged to contact the HR Recruitment Office before the closing date.
- A salary in the region of R197 000 per annum, cost-to-company.
- HR Recruitment Office at 021-938 0648
- Non-Communicable Diseases Research Unit (NCDRU)
- 12 Months
To apply for this job please visit samrc.breezy.hr.