Table of Contents
Senior Administrative Officer, Ref No: HRMC 27/22/1
Department of Home Affairs – Pretoria, Gauteng
Full-Time | Government
Closing date yi 20th ka May 2022
- The Department of Home Affairs is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
- It is our intention to promote representivity (race, gender, disability) through the filling of these positions.
- We are looking for committed, passionate and talented individuals to form part of a new leadership team, equipped with the right skills to deliver a modern world-class service.
- If you are committed to delivering on the National Development Plan’s (NDP’s) priorities, ascribe the Department’s shared value set, have what it takes to serve the needs of South African citizens, residents and visitors, and your credentials meet the requirements of any of the following positions, kindly respond before the closing date.
- A 3-year tertiary qualification in related field at NQF Level 6 as recognised by SAQA
- 1 year experience as Administrative Officer / Chief Administration Clerk
- Experience in administration of office budget is required
- A valid drivers’ license, willingness to travel and work extended hours when required.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Extensive knowledge of various filing systems
- Knowledge of the Public Service Regulatory Framework, National Treasury Regulations and Public Finance Management Act (PFMA)
- Knowledge of Supply Chain Management process and procedures
- Knowledge and Understanding of Departmental Legislations and Prescripts
- Knowledge of Human Resource Regulatory Framework
- Computer literacy, analytical thinking, planning and organizing
- Verbal and written communication
- Customer focus, financial administration and attention to detail
- Clerical and administration
- Teamwork and time management
- Perform general administrative activities in support of the Unit (travel, venues and accommodation arrangement)
- Ensure the administration of office correspondence, documents and reports (Compile letters, memorandums, submissions, reports and minutes for the Unit)
- Ensure the maintenance of filling system for the Unit
- Compile financial and administration reports and documents
- Ensure compilation of budget and cash flow projections
- Convene and attend meetings and act as Secretary during meetings
- Ensure accurate completion of subsistence claims
- Keep track of all incoming work and ensure that all deadlines are met
- Liaise with all Stakeholders relevant to the Unit
- Ensure the flow of information and documents in the Unit
- Ensure that forms and documents related to claims, payments, invoices and consultant fees relevant to the Unit are processed
- Provide office administration services in the functional Unit
- Booking and confirming appointments, message taking, photocopying, administer petty cash management, mailing type correspondence as and when required
- Coordinating of records system ensuring confidentiality of documents
- Develop, store and monitor data into relevant data bases and information management systems
- Maintain and monitor stationery, office supplies and consumables
- Oversee office equipment and organise maintenance and repairs as required
- Maintain and improve administrative systems and processes
- Ensure innovation and service delivery within the Unit
- Coordinate and implement technical expertise within the Unit and keep abreast of technical developments
- Provide guidance on the development of practical, responsive solutions related to the office of the Standing Committee for Refugee Affairs
- Develop and implement central repositories of documents
- Ensure the implementation of effective risk and compliance management practices
- Report on all risk and financial indicators including financial losses, overpayment, etc. according to the required format
- Comply to regulatory requirements and liaise with all relevant Stakeholders within and external to the organisation to ensure accurate implementation
- Ensure compliance with Supply Chain Management and Asset Management policies and regulations
- Interpret and implement all organisational circulars, policy and other communications
- Monitor human, financial and physical resources
- Monitor and co- ordinate leave management and other Human Resources administration requirements within the Unit
- Liaise with internal Business Units to ensure that Supply Chain Management and Asset Management are effectively managed
- Monitor the budget of the Unit in consultation with the Line Manager and Finance Unit.
- Quoting the relevant reference number, direct your comprehensive CV, citing the start and end date (dd/mm/yr) of each employment period to be considered, copies of qualifications, ID and drivers’ license where applicable, together with an Application for Employment Form (New Z.83), obtainable from any Public Service department or at www.gov.za, by the closing date.
- Applicants who possess (a) foreign qualification(s), must also submit the evaluated results of such qualifications, as received from the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA);
- Shortlisted Candidates for posts on Salary Level 9 and above will be subjected to technical test(s) (which test Candidates demonstrated professional and technical competency against the job requirements and duties).
- All Candidates on Salary Level 11 and above will furthermore undergo a competency assessment, (which tests the Candidates’ demonstrated proficiency in the professional dimensions attached to the level of the post).
- For lower-level posts, preference may be given to locally based candidates on grounds of affordability.
- Employment suitability checks (credit, criminal, citizenship, employment references and qualification verifications)
- All Candidates applying for SMS posts (Salary Level 13 and above), will be required to complete the online “Pre-entry Certificate to Senior Management Services” course.
- The course is available at the National School of Government (NSG), under the name “Certificate for entry into the SMS”.
- Full details can be obtained via the following link: http://www.thensg.gov.za/training-course/sms-pre-entry-programme/.
- Candidates wishing to be considered for appointment, are encouraged to enrol for this course immediately.
Appointed persons will be required to:
- enter into an employment contract;
- serve a prescribed probation period; and
- successfully undergo an appropriate security clearance process within a prescribed timeframe.
- HRMC 27/22/1
- A basic salary of R321 543 to R378 765 per annum (Level 7).
- Ms T Mulibana, Tel No: (012) 323 1012
Download Full Vacancy
- Postal Address: Private Bag X114, Pretoria, 0001
- Physical Address: 230 Johannes Ramokhoase (Proes) street, Cnr Thabo Sehume (Andries) street, Pretoria, 0001