Table of Contents
Internship Programme: Engineering Surveyor
Saldanha Bay Local Municipality – Vredenburg, Western Cape
Closing date yi 8 ka September 2022
- Saldanha Bay Municipality is a high-profile municipality that takes care of its people to deliver the highest quality of service to its residents and visitors.
- We are also committed to the goals of our Employment Equity Plan.
- If you are competent and committed and would like to work in a professional environment, you are welcome to apply for the following positions on our staff establishment.
- Applicants must be in possession of a 3-year Diploma (or B Tech) in Surveying with GIS as a subject or 3-year Diploma in Geomatics with main stream surveying
- Reside in the municipal area
- Code EB driver’s license
- Candidate must be between the ages of 21 and 35.
Skills & Competencies
- Computer Literacy applicable to the field
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good communications skills in two of the three official languages of the Western Cape
- Furnishes tacheometry plans to initiate planning
- Setting out of engineering works
- Maintenance and upgrading of survey marks
- A variety of other surveys are performed
- Manage site
- Assist clerk/Draughtsman in drawing room
- Assist manager: Spatial and CAD with capturing of infrastructure
- Thank you for your interest in seeking employment with us.
- All applications should be accompanied by a completed application form (obtainable from our Human Resource office or website: www.sbm.gov.za) clearly reflecting the name of the position applying for; a comprehensive CV; a certified copy of your ID, driver’s license and educational qualifications.
- No original documents attached to the application will be safe kept/returned.
- Applications without afore-mentioned will not be considered.
- Applications/Supporting documents larger that 2MB sent via email are not accommodated.
- For the implementation of the Employment Act, candidates are encouraged to indicate their race, gender and disability.
- No late applications will be considered.
- Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates.
- If you have not received a response within 3 (three) months of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
- All appointments are subject to a medical assessment, criminal record and reference checks from previous and current employer(s).
- The Council beholds the right to make an appointment.
- R100 000 p.a. (all-inclusive)
- Mr Morné Du Plessis: (022) 701 7191
- Directorate: Infrastructure and Planning Services
- 1-year Contract
Download Full Vacancy
- Human Resource Services, Private Bag X12, Vredenburg, 7380
To apply for this job please visit sbm.gov.za.