Company : South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA)
Location: South Africa
Closing date: 31 August 2023
South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA) invites student to apply for the 2024 Thuhuka Bursary Programme.
The Thuthuka Bursary is open to students who are studying towards a career in Chartered Accountancy – specifically the following undergraduate qualifications, at these selected institutions:
- University of Johannesburg – Bachelor of Accounting (course code: BCA012)
- University of Pretoria – BCom Accounting Sciences (course code: 07130042)
- University of Witwatersrand – BAcc Science (course code: CB008)
- University of the Free State, Bloemfontein Campus – Bachelor of Accounting (course code: 6319)
- University of Fort Hare – BCom Accounting (course code: 60001)
- University of Cape Town – BCom (course code: CB023)
- University of the Western Cape – BCom Accounting (course code: 1021) or BCom Accounting Extended Curriculum (course code: 1753)
- Stellenbosch University – BCom Accounting/ B Rek (course code: 3091001)
- Rhodes University – BCom Accounting
- Nelson Mandela University – BCom Accounting (course code: 40003)
- North-West University, Potchefstroom Campus – BCom CA (course code: 500 155 E371P)
- University of Kwa-Zulu Natal, Westville Campus – BCom Accounting (course code: BCOA)
- University of Limpopo – Post Graduate Diploma in Accountancy (PGDA)
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be a Black African or Coloured student
- You must be from a disadvantaged background
- You must be currently in Matric OR have completed Matric within the last 2 years OR be currently studying towards one of the qualifications listed above
- You must have achieved a minimum result of 60% for Mathematics in Grade 11 (NOT Mathematics Literacy or Technical Mathematics)
- You must have applied or are in the process of applying, to study towards one of the qualifications listed above, at one of the SAICA accredited universities
- You must have a combined family income of NOT more than R350 000 per annum
- You must have written or will write the National Benchmark Tests (NBT) before the bursary closing date (read about the NBT here)
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses:
- Residence fees / Accommodation.
Bursary recipients will also have access to the following benefits:
- Academic support (including various academic enrichment programmes: additional tutorials, study skills workshops etc),
- Social and emotional support,
- Work-readiness and life skills training,
- Mentoring and counselling,
- Access to dedicated programme manager exposure to experienced chartered accountants and business leaders as mentors.
NB. The Thuthuka Bursary will NOT pay for existing loans or debts.
Bursary recipients will be required to sign a contract with the Thuthuka Education and Upliftment Fund (TEUF) and NSFAS. Bursaries are awarded annually and are renewed at the discretion of the fund.
Candidates will be selected based on 3 main criteria:
- Academic results,
- Financial need as determined by the NSFAS financial means test
- National Benchmark Test (NBT) results.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online at: SAICA Thuthuka Bursary Application 2024
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documents along with your application:
- ID document (certified copy)
- Grade 11 final results (certified copy)
- Matric latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric final results, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Proof of University provisional acceptance/ registration, if currently in Matric (on University letterhead)
- Full University academic record, if currently studying (on University letterhead)
- Parents or guardians ID documents (certified copies)
- Parents or guardians proof of income (latest payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployed) (certified copies)
- ID documents or birth certificates of other dependents in your family income (certified copies)
- Signed Thuthuka Consent Form (.pdf)
To apply for this job please visit www.thuthukabursaryfund.co.za.