Company : Robben- Island Museum
Location : Robben Island, South Africa
Closing date: 22 February 2021
Information Officer Intern X3
The above mentioned positions are available in the Operations department at Robben- Island Museum. Reporting to the Supervisor Information the incumbent will be responsible to provide visitors with information and services about RIM and ensure their visit are safe and efficient.
Duration: 12 Months contract
Stipend: R70 715.00 per annum
- Welcome visitors/tourists at the RIM Information Office and Murray’s Harbour;
- Receive and refer request from various sources telephonically and/or via e-mail;
- Dispense information on tourism services and products offered at RIM and elsewhere in the Western Cape;
- Ensure information about tourism in the Western Cape is up to date;
- Assist with facilitating the visits from schools;
- Assist visitors with the use of the technical facilities of the Exhibitions e.g. Touch Screens;
- Collect and register lost and found property;
- Make announcements on boarding and departure;
- Ensure electronic information board is updated;
- Assist visitors with special needs e.g. wheelchairs, prams;
- Assist sea sick visitors and arrange the nurse;
National Diploma in:
- Public Relations
- or Marketing;
- Fluency in 2 official languages;
- Oral communication;
- Customer Service Orientation;
- Attention to detail;
- Problem solving.
How to Apply
Closing date: 23 February 2021
If you have any queries about the Graduate Programme, please contact the recruiter: [email protected]
Please note: if you have not heard from us within 3 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. Do not email your application, as it will not be reviewed.
To apply for this job please visit munichre.recruitmentplatform.com.