The PwC bursary scheme aims to financially assist exceptional young people who find themselves without the needed funding to pursue their studies in the Accounting sector. Bursaries are granted to students with excellent school/ university academic records.
Bursaries are open to students who are studying (or intend on studying) towards a SAICA accredited degree, which will lead to a a Chartered Accountant (SA) designation.
The PwC CA training programme is available to students at any time during their studies – including in Matric and at tertiary level. The CA learnership will commence once students have received their Certificate in the Theory of Accounting (CTA) or completed their honours degree.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric
- Achieved an exemption in Matric, with university acceptance
- Passed Mathematics and English in Matric (NOT Mathematics Literacy)
- Achieved a minimum average of 60% for all your subjects
- Good command of the English language
- Strong communication skills
Students must also possess the following personal qualities:
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong business, technical and digital skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Problem solving capabilities
- Able to build relationships and work in a team
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Applications must be submitted online for the PwC Bursary Programme
Reference Number: PWC210106-4
You will be required to Register an account:
before you can Login and apply:
You may be required to submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full academic record, if currently studying (on tertiary letterhead)
- Proof of tertiary acceptance/ registration (on tertiary letterhead)
30 September 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact PWC directly:
Tel: 011 797 4000