Table of Contents
Debt Counselling Administrator
National Credit Regulator – Midrand, Johannesburg, Gauteng
Full-Time | Administration
Closing date 7 June 2022
- The National Credit Regulator (NCR) was established as the regulator under the National Credit Act 34 of 2005 (the Act) and is responsible for the regulation of the South African credit industry. It is tasked with carrying out education, research, policy development, registration of industry participants, i.e. credit providers, credit bureaux, alternative dispute resolution agents, payment distribution agents and debt counsellors, investigation of complaints, and enforcement of the Act.
- The Act requires the NCR to promote the development of an accessible credit market, particularly to address the needs of historically disadvantaged persons, low-income persons, and remote, isolated or low-density communities.
- A suitable candidate must have a minimum of one (1) year post matric qualification in office or general administration/business or equivalent with at least two (2) years relevant debt counselling experience.
- A debt counselling course certificate will be an added advantage.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- National Credit Act, particularly the debt counselling provisions.
- General administrative principles.
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office).
- Communications skills both verbal and written.
- Customer relations.
- Presentation skills.
- Planning and organising skills.
- Interpersonal relations.
- Provide administrative support on the departmental compliance monitoring function for debt counsellors, credit providers and payment distribution agents.
- Provide administrative support to debt counsellors, credit providers and payment distribution agents where necessary.
- Support the monitoring officers and payment distribution analysts within the department.
- Receive and manage transfer requests of consumers under debt counselling.
- Participate in the lapsing process of debt counsellors.
- Maintain and control a functional filling and storage system.
- Take minutes during meetings.
- Resolve Debt Help System related queries.
- Send out communiqué to all industry participants.
- Liaise with other departments on debt counselling related issues.
- The National Credit Regulator is an equal opportunity organisation which offers competitive market related packages.
- Suitable persons should send a detailed CV quoting the relevant reference number
- Correspondence will only be entered into with short listed candidates.
- The National Credit Regulator reserves the right not to make an appointment.
- R103 300 – R185 900 Maximum
Download Full Vacancy
To apply for this job email your details to IF-Recruitment@ncr.org.za.