Location: South Africa
Main responsibilities will include:
Building a Strong Brand
To generate the necessary resources and support to meet our strategic objectives, you will develop and implement a marketing and communication strategy that contributes to the improvement of our brand positioning, using all relevant channels, especially digital, to manage and promote content that demonstrates our impact. Monitoring and researching market trends to inform our strategic understanding of the targeted markets segments will be an essential brand driver. A fundamental expectation here will be to, develop a South African narrative grounded in unique impact stories, aligned with our Christian values, that are immersive and powerful to engage targeted donor segments.
Employing your professional marketing and advertising expertise, you will define, develop and execute tailored campaigns, promotions and events, to attract, engage and retain targeted donors to generate resources through the various products in our income portfolio. Your previous experience and appreciation of individual, corporate and institutional giving, will be necessary to ensure a comprehensive approach that effectively addresses donor needs in a compelling and trusting way. It is a prerequisite that you are practiced in leveraging preferred communication channels, driving supporters to take action consistently.
Knowledge of producing quality campaign assets and collateral, together with your professional content management expertise, will be essential to ensure the strategic placing of appropriate publications and content across chosen communication channels. This is central to our vision of ensuring a consistent cadence of considered communications with all targeted donor segments to build long-term brand advocates. Your understanding of the mass media, journalist networks, and other strategic channels will be a key component to drive the effectiveness of this role.
Quality Assurance, Compliance and Accountability
You will ensure the highest standard of compliance with WVSA standards and contribute to the marketing and communications body of knowledge, sharing lessons learned to promote executional excellence. Managing systems and tracking results are second nature to you as your attention to detail always looks to achieve effective brand awareness and targeted Return on Investment results.
Your commanding facilitation skills will be used to coordinate campaign workshops, covering Return on Investment expectations as well as the range of tasks required to ensure that all marketing and communications campaigns are started and managed excellently. This will necessitate the provision of technical support and leadership in strategy formulation, implementation of plans, roll out of Marketing & Communications business plans, and the monitoring thereof.
Minimum education, training and experience requirements to qualify for the position:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communication, Journalism, Advertising, or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a marketing and communication role with a proven track record in brand management
- Knowledge of the non-profit landscape and trends in the humanitarian sector with exposure to the individual, corporate and institutional giving spaces is an advantage
- Sound knowledge and expertise in planning, developing and executing targeted marketing campaigns, promotions and events, across multiple channels
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with demonstrable copywriting talent supported by practical experience in targeted communication / publication activities
- Proficient in managing and monitoring content across digital tools including; all major social media channels, websites, emails, and offline media platforms, including digital analytics.
- Working knowledge of graphic design and content integration across all major marketing and communication channels producing quality campaign assets and collateral
- Experienced in managing relationships with mass media partners and journalists to develop and leverage key public relations opportunities.
- Experience with undertaking research of market trends and monitoring
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities
Submission & Deadline
If you are the right candidate, please email your letter of motivation (Max 1 page) and CV (Max 5 pages) with contactable references to Ms Lele Ngcongwane at the email: [email protected]. Only short listed candidates who meet the minimum criteria, will be contacted.
Application Deadline: Sunday the 28th of August