The following criteria will be strictly adhered to:
- The applicant/ parent must be a fully paid up LegalWise Member for at least two years prior to applying for a bursary and must continue to be a Member for the duration of the bursary.
- Degrees which qualify are LLB; BCOM (Law); BA (Law); BCOM (Accounting); BCOM (Human Resource Management); BA (Human Resource Management); BCOM (Management); BSc (Industrial Psychology).
- Bursaries are only awarded to students who are already studying fulltime towards one of the undergraduate degrees listed above at an approved public university.
- Bursaries are only offered from the second year of study onwards.
- Applicants currently completing their first year of study may apply for a bursary in the second semester for their second year of study.
- Bursaries are only allocated for the year following the one in which the application was received.
- Bursaries are not awarded for part-time, correspondence or distance learning studies.
- The applicant must have achieved at least a “C” aggregate (60 %) academically in their previous year of studies at tertiary level.
- The applicant should be able to speak, read and write English and at least one other official language.
- Only fully completed applications with all the required supporting documentation will be considered.
- Shortlisted applicants will be required to visit their closest LegalWise Branch for an interview.
- LegalWise reserves the right to accept or decline applications at its discretion and in accordance with its own internal decision-making process.
Applications open on the 1st of August annually and must be submitted by close of business on the 30th of September each year.
No late submissions will be considered
Bursary applications are invited from people who are already studying full time towards a university degree for a BA (Law), BCOM (Law), LLB or BCOM (Business Administration) degree, from one of the following approved institutions:
- Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University
- North-West University (Mafikeng or Potchefstroom campus)
- Rhodes University
- University of Zululand
- Walter Sisulu University
- University of Witwatersrand (WITS)
- University of Venda
- University of the Western Cape
- University of Cape Town
- University of Fort Hare
- University of the Free State
- University of Johannesburg
- University of Kwa-Zulu Natal
- University of Limpopo
- University of Pretoria
- University of Stellenbosch
To apply for this job please visit www.legalwise.co.za.