Kumba Iron Ore invites qualifying students to apply for Bursary Programme for 2021 academic year.
Bursary online application closing date is 31 March 2021
Kumba Iron Ore are inviting students within the Engineering/ Science sector to apply for bursaries. Students entering their first, second or third year of study, towards a Degree; Diploma or BTech qualification in the following fields may apply for the Kumba Iron Ore bursary:
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Environmental Health
- Geology/ Geotechnical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Minerals Surveying
- Mining Engineering
- Occupational Hygiene
The bursary will cover all study related expenses, including the following:, tuition, prescribed textbooks, accommodation and the opportunity to undertake paid vacation work. The bursary contract duration will be dependent on students current year of study.
Students will be required to partake in paid vacation work, in the Northern Cape, during the holidays. After graduation, bursary recipients may be able to join the company’s graduate programme (depending on available placement and students performance).
Please note: shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date – if you do not receive any feedback, consider your application unsuccessful. Shortlisted candidates will then be required to take part in assessments and interviews
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- Must be a South African citizen
- Must have completed Matric
- Must be studying or intend on studying towards a Degree, Diploma or BTech qualification within one of the aforementioned fields
- Must be entering the 1st, 2nd or 3rd year of study
- Must be registered or accepted to study at a University in South Africa
- Must have achieved a minimum overall average of 65%
- Must be willing and able to complete vacation work in the Northern Cape, during university holidays
- Must be willing to acquire a Driver’s Licence (Code B: Light vehicle) during the course of the bursary
- Preference will be given to students from the Northern Cape province, local to the mining area communities
How to apply
Applications must be submitted online at: https://careerwise.co.za/bursaries/online-application/
(Insert the following promotional code: KIO2021 when registering an account).
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Matric latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Full tertiary academic record, if currently at tertiary level (on letterhead)
- Proof of University registration/ provisional acceptance (on letterhead)
- Proof of residence, if residing in the Northern Cape province
- Drivers Licences, if applicable (certified copy)
To apply for this job please visit careerwise.co.za.