Jones & Wagener are inviting students to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2022 academic year. Students who have a strong academic record, are in financial need and are studying (or intend on studying) within these fields may apply:
- Civil Engineering (BEng or BSc)
- Environmental studies (BEng or BSc)
- Geochemistry (BEng or BSc)
- Geology (BEng or BSc)
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: tuition fees (as a minimum), but may also cover accommodation and offer a limited prescribed textbooks allowance.
MORE ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – SERVICE CONTRACT & SELECTION
Upon graduation, students will be required to work at Jones & Wagener for a duration equal to that of their bursary award. During their studies, students may also be required to partake in vacation work in Centurion or Rivonia – this will take place over a 6 week period in July and/or December and students will receive remuneration.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted – if you do not receive any feedback by 30 September 2021, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE JONES & WAGENER BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric OR must be currently in Matric
- You must be studying OR must intend on studying towards one of the aforementioned qualifications
- You must be studying OR must intend on studying at a University in South Africa
- You must have achieved a minimum result of 75% for Mathematics AND Physical Science in Matric
- You must have proven financial need
- Preference will be given to students who reflect the Black Economic Empowerment
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE JONES & WAGENER BURSARY
Applications can be submitted in either of the following ways
1) Online at: https://www.jaws.co.za/about-us/bursaries/bursary-application/
2) By download and completing the Jones & Wagener Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to: [email protected]
(Insert the words “Jones & Wagener Bursary Application” in the email subject line).
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Drivers license, if applicable
- Matric latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Latest tertiary academic record, if at University (certified copy)
- 1 x colour photo (to be attached to the application form)
CLOSING DATE FOR THE JONES & WAGENER BURSARY
31 July 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Jones & Wagener directly:
Tel: 011 519 0200
Fax: 011 519 0201
Email: [email protected] / [email protected]