Company : IUCN
Location: Pretoria, South Africa
Closing date: 10 May 2022
The Intern-Coastal and Ocean Resilience is responsible for archiving the following;
- Provide technical and administrative backstopping for the Coastal and Ocean Resilience program across the region and in South Africa, particularly to the project “Accelerating the rapid expansion of locally-managed areas while also promoting effective implementation and management in the Western Indian Ocean”;
- Provide support to coordination of operations of the national/regional Expert Assessment Group for the Green List (EAGL) for Western Indian Ocean Region (WIO);
- Assist in organizing meetings, workshops and trainings to facilitate awareness raising and skills development across the region;
- Assist in information gathering towards the preparation of official documents, reports, website and social media material, and outreach by drafting and editing;
- Maintain and update a database of key partners and stakeholders relevant to coastal and ocean conservation, the Green List process, and to the OECM mechanism;
- Perform other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Supervisor.
Bachelor Degree in a relevant subject, such as in:
- Environmental Science,
- Coastal and Marine conservation,
- Marine protected areas,
- Social Science,
- Sustainable development
- or any other related field.
Knowledge of computers and relevant software application.
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to handle confidential information with the utmost discretion
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Professional personal presentation
- Organizing and planning
- Attention to detail
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit hrms.iucn.org.