Table of Contents
Internal Audit Specialist
Amatola Water – Vincent, East London, Eastern Cape
Closing date yi 8 ka September 2022
- If you have not heard from us within 60 days after the closing date, you may regard your application as unsuccessful.
- B-degree with Auditing / BTech Diploma Internal Auditing
- Registered as a member of the Institute of Internal Auditors.
- 5 years Internal Auditing experience and at least 2 years of staff supervision in an Internal Auditing environment
- Valid unendorsed driver’s licence
Skills & Competencies
- MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, advanced Excel)
- Knowledge and understanding of international Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing, principles relating to Governance, Risk Management and Public Finance Management Act.
- Audit techniques (work programs, tests, sampling. documentation, reports)
- Analytical skills
- Above average English communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to build relationships while asking tough questions
- Report writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of an auditing team
- Apply international internal auditing standards to identified key controls risks, implement, and maintain internal audit policies, procedures and systems and promote strong internal controls culture in Amatola Water.
- Apply risk and control concepts to scenarios encountered and identify any potential issues.
- Communicate identified issues to the Internal Audit Manager to ensure any potential concerns are addressed in a timely and effective manner
- Supervise inputs into the Internal Audit Strategic Operational Plan pertaining to Internal Audit Processes to ensure that high risk areas are given consideration during the formulation of audit coverage plans and programs in accordance with Section 51 of the PFMA, Regulation 27 of the National Treasury Regulations and Institute of Internal Auditors Standards pertaining to Internal Audits.
- Ensure that high risk areas are given consideration during the formulation of audit coverage plans and programs in accordance with section 51 of the PFMA and Regulation 27 of the National Treasury Regulations
- Receive project instructions and analyse the scope and nature of the audit engagement.
- Conduct and perform internal audits from start to finish i.e., planning to reporting.
- Interact with senior management and other officials of various divisions to establish and get an understanding business objectives, risks, and control systems.
- Develop audit programs and testing procedures relevant to risk and test objectives.
- Ensure adherence at all times to all applicable professional standards.
- Attend Audit & Risk Committee, Management, and other required meetings relevant to the Internal Audit function, providing support to stakeholders where necessary
- Ensure project files are created and maintained for all projects and are in line with AW’s Internal Audit methodology
- Allocate resources to approved audit projects to ensure cost effectiveness in operations.
- Ensure accurate Internal Audit operational information is maintained and made available on request and specific Internal Audit administrative reporting deadlines are complied with.
- Applicants to submit a detailed CV, certified copies of academic certificates and ID copy
- These appointments will be finalized in accordance with Amatola Water’s Employment Equity Plan and Recruitment Policy.
- Preference will be given to suitably qualified persons from designated groups, specifically women and people with disabilities.
- Amatola Water reserves the right not to make appointments.
- Lobbying of members of the Board and/ or the Executive/ Management and Supervisors to treat any application, at any level, more favourably than any other for the same vacancy, will disqualify a candidate from selection.
- (043) 707 3701
- Total Guaranteed Package: R541 245.00 – R740 369.00 (per annum inclusive of benefits)
- Head Office
- Fixed Term Contract-3 years
- Human Resources Manager, Amatola Water
- Human Resources Manager, Amatola Water, Private Bag X3, Vincent, 5217
To apply for this job please visit www.amatolawater.co.za.