Company : IBIS Consulting
Location : Johannesburg, South Africa
Closing date: 30 April 2021
Background to IBIS Consulting:
IBIS Consulting is a premier emerging market sustainability consultancy, that assists private and public companies unlock value and improve their environmental and social (E&S) performance.
- IBIS has permanent offices in South Africa, Kenya, Morocco, Singapore, Hong Kong and France with over 50 professional staff.
- IBIS works with some of the world’s leading financial institutions focussed on emerging markets, these include DFIs, Private Equity, Impact Investors, Banking and other multinational clients.
- IBIS works across emerging markets and has led projects in >60 countries in Asia, Africa, the Middle East, Europe and the Americas.
IBIS has an opportunity for an unemployed graduate to gain practical experience in his/her field of study. The internship will run for a period not exceeding 12 months, commencing 1 May 2021.
The position will include support on:
- Administrative and project support.
- Primary and secondary research on E&S and Sustainable Finance.
- E&S and sustainable finance policy and framework development.
- Development and implementation of E&S management systems.
- E&S and Financial performance monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
- Development of proposals and business development materials.
The position will expose you to a range of different specialist financing and impact areas, including climate change and green bonds, gender, financial inclusion, human rights, education, healthcare, amongst others.
- Independent, enthusiastic and curious.
- Able to work flexibly and organise own workload.
- Ability to work closely with teams.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal communication and written skills.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to work on Microsoft packages including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Qualifications and competencies:
- Graduate degree with at least an Honours in a relevant discipline (Social sciences, Economics, or Environmental economics).
- A Master’s degree would be an advantage.
- Proficiency in English is essential and the ability to speak other languages will be an advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must provide a one-page cover letter explaining why they believe they are suited to the role along with a brief CV and copies of academic records to [email protected]
As part of our commitment to diversity and inclusion, this appointment will be made in accordance with IBIS’ Employment Equity goals and targets.
To apply for this job please visit ibisconsulting.com.