Table of Contents
Handyman – Facilities – R509A
South African Medical Research Council – Parow, Cape Town, Western Cape
Full-Time | Handyman
Closing date 24th May 2022
- The Facilities Handyman will work closely with the Facilities Supervisor to assist with the management and maintenance of the buildings and grounds.
- The Handyman will lead the maintenance staff and will be responsible for the effective maintenance of all buildings and grounds.
- The Facilities Handyman will provide administrative support to the Facilities Supervisor and will take charge of the supervisory function in the absence of the Facilities Supervisor.
- Grade 12/ Matric or Equivalent
- 5- years handyman experience (Building maintenance, upkeep of premises, Basic electrical, plumbing, carpentry and air conditioning experience)
- Knowledge of OHS Act, (building/construction) and facilities regulations and municipal by-laws
- A Code 8 manual driver’s license is essential for the above post as the incumbent will be required to drive the company vehicle. A Driver’s test will be conducted to assess competency.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Good Interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure
- Willing to work outside normal working hours when required
- Must be able to work unsupervised/without direct supervision
- MS Office packages, relevant computer skills
- Complete all maintenance Activities/tasks as they arise (Example: Basic: plumbing, electrical, HVAC and other general building repairs).
- Maintenance of buildings by ensuring safety (free from hazards and risks) and ensuring continuation of operations.
- Prepare planned and preventative maintenance checklists and attend to basic general repairs.
- Ensure that work/tasks carried out, complies with municipal by-laws and the OHS Act (building industry regulations).
- Respond to facility related emergencies immediately (e.g. burst pipes, equipment/ machinery malfunction)
- Maintenance of Office grounds and surroundings.
- Adherence to recycling processes and procedure for waste disposal.
- Monitoring Service delivery with Contractors/Service providers.
- Transportation of staff to/from various destinations.
- Collection and distribution of mail/correspondence within region
- Asset control, Maintenance of assets and stocktaking
- General Administration functions (Switchboard/reception relief, Copying, filing etc)
- Please quote the reference number (R509A) in all communications.
- Please be advised that your submission will not be considered should your application not be accompanied by the required information and documentation.
- This website is optimised for secure, standards compliant web browsers.
- In order to view and use this website, you should use a web browser other than Internet Explorer.
- Options include: The latest version of “Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Firefox, Opera and Safari”
- The SAMRC does its best to provide the most accurate information; however, if there is anything wrong and unclear applicants are encouraged to contact the HR Recruitment Office at 021-938 0648 before the closing date.
- Post Matric studies in Operations/ facilities/ Building maintenance
- Understanding of compliance requirements and working with SLA’s
- Greater than 5 years handyman experience (Building maintenance, upkeep of premises, Basic electrical, plumbing, carpentry and air conditioning experience)
- A salary in the region of R162 990 per annum, cost-to-company
To apply for this job please visit samrc.breezy.hr.