Company : Gauteng Department of Health
Location : Gauteng, South Africa
Closing date: 31 December 2021
Gauteng Dept of Health: Nursing Traineeship Intake 2022
Applicants are invited to apply to the Gauteng College of Nursing to study towards the Diploma in Nursing in 2022 at one of the College campuses:
- Ann Latsky Campus,
- Chris Hani Baragwanath Campus,
- SG Lourens Campus
- Bonalesedi Campus
- Must be a South African citizen, who resides in the Gauteng Province.
- Must be in possession a Senior Certificate, a National Senior Certificate, currently in Grade 12 or National Vocational Certificate Primary Health
The following subject criteria are required:
- Senior Certificate: English HG D or SG C, Biology HG D or SG C, Mathematics HG D or SG C and an M score of 17
- National Senior Certificate: English Level 4, Life Sciences Level 4, Mathematics Level 4 or Maths Literacy Level 5, and an APS of 27 or more (Life Orientation counts half the score)
- National Vocational Certificate: 50% in Fundamental Subjects (English First Additional Language, Maths/Maths Literacy, Life Orientation) and 60% in the Vocational Subjects (SA Health Care System, Public Health, The Human Body and Mind and Community Oriented Primary Care)
- Current Grade 12 learners must meet the National Senior Certificate requirements in their Grade 11 final results.
- Problem-solving ability
- Ability to relate to people
- Organisational ability
- Leadership ability
- Calmness during a crisis
- Communication, numeracy and life skills
- Computer literacy
- Study skills
- Compassionate and caring.
How to Apply
- Applications must be done on the GPG Professional Job Centre system before or on the 31st December;
- Certified documents will be uploaded on the system, however you will be required to take supporting documents to the selection centre should you be shortlisted.
- No hand delivered or emailed applications will be accepted, all applications must be done online.
Successful applicants will be required:
- To sign an agreement with the Department of Health
- To attend lectures
- Be prepared to participate in Work Integrated Learning (WIL) which includes shifts and working on public holidays, weekends and nights in Gauteng Department of Health hospitals and clinics as part of the program requirements.
If you do not receive feedback within 3 months after the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
To apply for this job please visit nursingintake.gauteng.gov.za.