Fine Music Radio is inviting students to apply for the FMR Bursary Trust Awards, for the 2023 academic year.
The bursary will be awarded for studies towards a performance Diploma or Degree in Music.
The FMR Bursary Trust Awards will be based on the following categories:
- African Music
- Classical Vocal
- Classical Instrumental
- Jazz Vocal/ Instrumental
Table of Contents
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE FMR BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must reside in South Africa
- You must be registered at a tertiary institution in South Africa
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE FMR BURSARY
Applications must be submitted online at: FMR Bursary Application 2023
Applicants must read the FMR Bursary Rules (.pdf) before applying.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- Proof of registration at a tertiary institution (on institutions letterhead)
- References from your current lecturer/ teacher (name, contact number and signature)
- Short biography (maximum 300 words)
- Motivational letter, including your career goals and how you plan to use the fund if you win the competition
- Full programme details, including composers, arranger, instrumentation and accompaniment
- Link to your UNLISTED YouTube video submission for the audition. Take note of the following:
- the video must be high quality and up to 15 minutes in length
- the video must be recorded in landscape orientation, at a resolution of 720p or higher, with clear audio and video
- the video must begin with the competitor stating their name and full list of works performed, including title and composer/ arranger
- the video must be uploaded to YouTube (unlisted) with the title “FMR Bursary Trust”– competitor’s name – and category
- the video description must include the competitors names of the works and composers
CLOSING DATE FOR THE FMR BURSARY
31 March 2023.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Fine Music Radio directly:
Email: [email protected]
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.