- The Senior Technical Advisor will work under the direction of the in-country Project Director to design, implement and manage all technical aspects of the program.
- The Senior Technical Advisor will be responsible for ensuring the technical quality of implementing partner’s programming including demand generation for VMMC services, provision of high quality, cost-effective VMMC services (through fixed, outreach and mobile VMMC sites), liaising with the Global Health Supply Chain program to ensure availability of commodities and waste management and support for the transition of VMMC service delivery to the National Department of Health (NDOH) in South Africa.
- S/he will provide regular support and mentorship to all service delivery sites including ensuring the quality of implementation against set standards; appropriate staffing and staff supervision; support site assessments and referral systems; coordination of demand generation activities across sites as needed; and managing reporting of adverse events.
- S/he will oversee the application of continuous quality improvement systems to ensure ongoing service improvement.
- The Senior Technical Advisor will identify ways to incorporate innovative strategies to expand coverage and maximize the number of voluntary, high quality VMMC’s performed and as appropriate, incorporate gender considerations into demand creation and service delivery.
- As coverage levels are reached, the Senior Technical Advisor will work closely with DOH facilities and USAID to transition direct VMMC service delivery to DOHs and continue to provide targeted technical assistance, as needed.
The following are the minimum qualifications required for the position:
- A Medical Degree as well as a minimum of 10 years of professional work experience in the field of Public Health and HIV;
- A minimum of 7 years of progressively responsible experience in technically designing and managing programs related to HIV, preferably VMMC programs;
- Demonstrated technical leadership in VMMC with at least three years of relevant experience, preferably in South Africa;
- At least three years of successful experience working with the South African Government at national, provincial, and/or district levels;
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in management of a PEPFAR-funded activity, including program planning, implementation, data use, monitoring and reporting;
- Demonstrated expertise in clinical quality assurance and improvement systems;
- Demonstrated experience with a mix of practical technical skills in VMMC and other HIV prevention interventions necessary for strengthening VMMC service delivery at the regional, national, clinical and community-level;
- Excellent diplomacy skills and a proven ability to establish and maintain interpersonal and professional relationships with USG, host-country counterparts and representatives from other key stakeholders such as NGOs, CSOs, and the private sector;
- Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills, including proven ability to develop and communicate a common vision among diverse partners and lead a dynamic team; and
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
The position will ideally be based in Pretoria, South Africa and work out of the FHI 360 office. Preference is for South African nationals or expatriate professionals already residing in South Africa.
Visit the FHI 360 Careers Page to search, view and apply for posted jobs. Jobs seeking only internal candidates will not appear in external search results. FHI 360 is an Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action Employer.
Job Requisition: Requisition – 2019201639 Senior Technical Advisor
Application Deadline: Wednesday, 18 September, 2019