The Faircape Group constitutes a group of companies with interests in a number of activities including Healthcare, Retirement Holdings, Telecommunications and an ISP, Utility Management and infrastructure installation, Property Management and related activities.
We have an exciting position that has become available for an experienced and professional Senior Payroll Officer who will be responsible for the payroll cycle, payroll procedures and payroll department for all entities of Faircape Group and its allies.
This position will be based at our modern Claremont Office that is centrally located and just across from Cavendish Square.
If you are looking for an interesting and great working environment then this is the opportunity for you.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Payroll is completed as per the HR payroll calendar
- Ensure accurate and on timeous payroll reporting
- All returns paid on time (DoL)
- Payroll procedure is implemented and adhered to by the payroll team
- Accurate system setup and workflows are in place on Sage 300
- Information and data held on the Sage 300 payroll and ESS is accurate
- Manage administration of Discovery medical aid
- Month end variance reporting for all entities and BCs
- Month end salary Templates for all entities and BCs
- Assist auditors with year end reports and queries for all entities and BCs as needed.
- Issuing of UIF Documentation
- Ensuring all payroll adjustments are captured in the relevant period
- Ensure that EMP501’s and EMP201’s are submitted to SARS by their deadline dates as dictated by SARS
- UIF declarations are made each month
- Accurate and timeous processing of all leave applications
- Manage the leave procedure and ensure that all absenteeism is recorded and captured
- Ensure that leave planners are created and populated for all entities with forecasted leave balances and that staff have applied for leave in accordance with policy guidelines signed off by the first week of March each year.
- Reports are sent and delivered on time
- Corresponding payments are advised to Finance and follow up is done that it was done
- Union, Discovery Health and Old Mutual Reporting
- Relevant Payroll / HR Qualification advantageous
- Payroll experience
- Experience with SAGE 300 highly advantageous
- Experience working on ERS biometric system highly advantageous
- Knowledge of provisions of Basic Conditions of Employment Act, statutory and legislative requirements in respect of PAYE, UIF, Workman’s compensation
Skills and Attributes:
- Attention to detail and high degree of accuracy
- Deadline drive
- Has excellent organisational and time management skills
- Strong technical payroll experience
- Clear health record
- Clear criminal record
- Clear credit record
- Contactable references
We offer Barista produced coffee available all day to all our staff at Claremont.
Normal working hours are Mondays to Fridays from 08h00 until 17h00 with a 45 minute lunch break. The company allows employees, by approval of the direct manager, to work flexi time between 07h00 and 18h00.
Salary on offer is from R 30,000 Cost To Company per month. The amount offered will be dependent on qualifications, experience and other market related factors.
To see more about Faircape and what we have to offer go and look at our informative website – https://faircape.co.za/
To learn more about Faircape, please see below a link to our Magazine
If you do not hear from us within two weeks, please deem your application unsuccessful.
To apply for this job please visit faircape.simplify.hr.