Table of Contents
Economist: Agricultural Trust & Statutory Measures
National Agricultural Marketing Council – Arcadia, Pretoria, Gauteng
Full-Time | Agriculture
Closing date 18 May 2022
- Reporting to Senior Manager: Agricultural Trust / Statutory Measures
- A BSc Agricultural Economics or related qualification.
- Three (3) years’ working experience in agricultural environment, enterprise development.
- A Driver’s License.
- Post graduate degree will be an added advantage.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Advanced Communication, Presentation, Computer, Advanced writing, Analytical, Advanced Interpersonal, Coordination, Events Management, and Facilitation.
- Innovative, Analytical, Confidentiality, Customer Focused, Team Work, Deadline Driven, Diversity Management, Cultural Sensitivity, and Dynamic.
Management Assistance & Stakeholder Engagements:
- Assist with the development of divisional strategic plans.
- Assist in preparation of divisional presentations.
- Attend monthly extended MANCOM meetings.
- Assist SM with Risk Register and attending Risk management committee meeting
- Provide supervision to the junior employees under the division.
- Assist the SM in mentoring and evaluation of the Trustees’ participations during meetings.
- Assist in the engagements with DALRRD, Provincial departments and related stakeholders.
- This includes the coordination of the Agriculture and Agro-Processing Master Plan.
- Assist in preparations of quarterly, annual and CEO reports.
- Monitor the end terms of Ministerial trustees.
Viability of the agricultural Sector
- Monitor and Evaluate Trusts through:
- Attending trust meetings;
- Develop Status of Trust report (share – Minister);
- Host Trust workshop – and publish a report;
- Monitoring the Trusts performance against the requirements of the Trust Deeds and advise NAMC with identified issues; and
- Monitor the implementation of transformation. This means ensuring that the trust do real transformation to its beneficiaries.
- Capacity building of ministerial trustees as and when required; and
- Ensure that the Agri-Trust Digest is developed and published bi-monthly
Export earnings from agricultural products:
- Assist in arrangements Annual Conference;
- Assist in Steering Committee meetings and minutes;
- Assist in convening of the Steering Committee meetings;
- Assist in Implementation of AFRICAP; and
- Assist in the development of the FANRPAN Digest and ensure that it is published bi-monthly.
Market Access to All Participants:
- Assist to coordinate the TRC meetings and minutes (internal or with external);
- Assist in ensuring attendance of industry transformation meetings and workshops;
- Assist in reviewing of the transformation business plans;
- Assist draft letters responding to industry proposals;
- Assist in M&E of transformation projects;
- Assist in the development of the Transformation Digest and ensure that it published bi-monthly;
- Assist in the attendance of industry transformation committees, congresses, symposiums and conferences
- If you have not been contacted within three months of the closing date, please note that your application was unsuccessful.
Download Full Vacancy
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.