Company : Dis-Chem Pharmacies
Location : Midrand, South Africa
Closing date: 05 October 2021
Dis-Chem: Supply-Chain & Logistics Internship Programme 2021 / 2022
Dis-Chem Pharmacies in Midrand has exciting opportunities for unemployed graduates to join the group for a 12 months internship programme. The graduates will assist in achieving operational excellence within the Dis-Chem Distribution Centre incorporating functions in the following areas: Dispatch, Inventory, Mezzanine, Inbound and Outbound.
- Ensure optimal route and space planning to meet the day-to-day strategic objectives.
- Ensure routing of vehicles to ensure optimum utilisation and vehicle turnaround times.
- Ensure accurate administration for transactional excellence.
- Ensure accurate record-keeping of all stock coming in and leaving the department.
- Maintain stock rotation on an inventory based on FEFO (first entry, First out) principle.
- Optimise planning and forecasting of department resources to meet the daily strategic objective defined by the number of orders in the system.
- Conduct picking, replenishment and procurement.
- Assist with Outbound department planning.
- Ensure accurate receiving of stock within the warehouse.
Degree / Diploma in:
- Supply Chain,
- Transport Management
- or any related field
- Demonstrate a thorough theoretical and practical knowledge and understanding of all Transport and Logistics and related distribution processes
- English – Read, write and speak
- Excellent communication skills
- Trustworthy and honest
- Self-starter, diligent and accurate
- Attentive to detail
- Be deadline orientated
- Good time management skills
- 2nd Additional language
- Knowledge of relevant EWM SAP warehouse management computer package
How to Apply
NB. Only successful applicants will be contacted. If you haven`t been contacted within two weeks after the closing date consider your application as unsuccessful.
To apply for this job please visit dischem.simplify.hr.