Department of Agriculture: Entry level Registry Clerk
Company : Department of Agriculture
Location: Pretoria, South Africa
Closing date: 17 June 2022
The Department of Agriculture, Land Reform and Rural Development invites unemployed youth to apply for the following Government entry level Jobs / positions.
Position: Registry Clerk
Job level: Grade 12 / Junior / Entry level SA Government Jobs
Reference No: 3/2/1/2022/235
Salary: R176 310 per annum (Level 05)
- Grade 12 Certificate.
- No experience required.
Knowledge: Knowledge of registry duties, practices as well as the ability to capture data, and operate computer. Working knowledge and understanding of the legislative framework governing the Public Service. Knowledge of storage and retrieval procedures in terms of the working environment. Understanding of the work in registry. Planning and organization.
- Provide registry counter services.
- Attend to clients.
- Handle telephonic and other enquiries received.
- Receive and register hand delivered mail / files.
- Handle incoming and outgoing correspondence.
- Receive all mails.
- Sort, register and dispatch mail.
- Distribute notices on registry issues.
- Render an effective filling and record management service.
- Opening and close files according to record classification system.
- Filing / storage, tracing (electronically / manually) and retrieval of documents and files.
- Complete index cards for all files.
- Operate office machines in relation to the registry function.
- Open and maintain Franking machine register.
- Frank post, record money and update register on daily basis.
- Undertake spot checks on post to ensure no private post is included.
- Open and maintain remittance register.
- Record all valuable articles as prescribed in the remittance register.
- Hand delivers and signs over remittances to finance.
- Send wrong remittances back to sender via registered post and record reference number in register.
Skills and Competencies:
- Planning and organization.
- Computer literacy.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal relations.
- Team work.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted with a Z83 form (Download Here) and must be accompanied by recently updated CV, ID documents, qualifications, and recent academic transcripts / records. Please indicate the reference number and position you are applying for on your application form.
NB. Supporting documents don’t have to be certified. Only shortlisted candidates will be required to submit certified copies of an ID documents, qualifications, and recent academic transcripts / records.
Send your application to:
Private Bag x918,
Hand deliver to: the Office of the Chief Registrar of Deeds at Cnr Bosman and Pretorius, Pretoria, 0001