De Beers Bursary is available if you require funding for your first, second, third, and final year of undergraduate studies
Who is eligible to apply?
- South African Citizens with a valid South African ID number
- Any student from a financially needy background.
What does the bursary cover?
- Full Tuition
- Accommodation and meals
- Laptop allowance
- Student allowance.
Areas of study
Students applying for the bursary must have intentions to study a mining related, as follows:
- Mining Engineering
- Mine Survey;
- Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Engineering Geology to specialise in Rock Engineering/Geotechnical Engineering.
- Metallurgical Engineering.
Applicants need to meet the following requirements:
- must be a South African citizen
- must undertake full-time undergraduate studies in a South African tertiary institution
- must pass Grade 12 with exemption
- must obtain a minimum of 70% in both Mathematics and Science Higher Grade and a minimum of 60% for English
- written proof of acceptance to an accredited South African mainstream university or university of technology.
- Student must be from the surrounding areas where the mine operates.
- certified copies of SA ID and their full academic record.
Applications for bursaries open yearly in June and must be submitted by 31 October 2022.
To apply for this job please visit www.angloamerican.com.