City of Cape Town – Cape Town, Western Cape
Closing date 17 April 2023
Table of Contents
- The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity.
- In line with the City’s corporate employment equity and diversity strategy, equity policy, plan and targets, preference will be given to suitably qualified candidates from the designated groups.
- Senior Certificate (Grade 12)
- At least 5 years relevant storekeeping experience
- A valid code EC driver’s license (advantageous)
Skills & Competencies
- Knowledge of Inventory Management processes and procedures and applicable legislation
- Computer literacy (incl. SAP ISM processes and MS office applications)
- Receiving and issuing of materials by ensuring correct quantity and quality.
- Recording non-conformities in all stock and materials received. (PAR’s and NCR’s).
- Exercising plant-to –plant transfers in case of nonavailability of stock in another store or redistribution of slow-moving stock.
- Reporting routine building and equipment maintenance requirements as part of Health and Safety checks.
- Control the material replenishment plan (MRP to prevent out of stock situations.
- Identifying obsolete or damaged stock items and/ or asset inventory items for possible disposal by public action.
- Maintaining the security of stock in the stores in order to ensure accountability of Council assets.
- Maintaining good housekeeping that conforms to the Occupational Health and Safety act.
- Carrying out physical stocktaking- continuously, monthly, quarterly and yearly by reconciling related stock balances.
- Checking stock turnover and/or movement by identifying redundant and/ or obsolete
- Supervision of staff, in terms of disciplinary procedures, training, time and attendance.
- By submitting your application for a position at the City of Cape Town, you are consenting that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used for the purposes of the Recruitment and Selection and related process.
- Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
- Applicants are respectfully informed that, if no notification of appointment is received within three months of the closing date, they must accept that their applications were unsuccessful.
- FIN 23/23 ext
- R313 011.00
- Supply Chain Management
To apply for this job please visit careers.capetown.gov.za.