Tsebo Solutions Group – Struandale, Gqeberha, Eastern Cape
Closing date 29th ka August 2022
Table of Contents
- We are recruiting a Cashier to join our team; The Cashier is the first line of contact that the customer has when entering a store.
- Cashiers receive cash, cheques or credit/debit card payments, record these payments using cash registers or electronic equipment, and provide change to customers.
- Must have completed a National Senior Certificate
Skills & Competencies
- Enjoy clerical and administrative tasks.
- Must have confidence in handling money
- Must have excellent operational skills on all point-of-sale tills, and have the ability to control cash.
- Be able to work quickly and accurately
- Honest Accurate, with an eye for detail
- Friendly and helpful.
- Acknowledge the customer with a smiling face and remember that the customer always comes first and always make our customers know that they are important and special to us.
- Handle all customer questions and concerns.
- When coming on shift, a cashier must ensure that the counter around the tills is clean, switch on the tills, ensure that the tills are operational, ensure that the float is counted, ensure that there is sufficient change in the tills and ensure that there is sufficient paper and ribbon in the printer.
- To ensure that stock in the resale area is correctly displayed and that fridges and shelves are restocked daily Must ensure that the front of house area is clean.
- Counting money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change, ensure that the counter around the tills is clean and ensure that there is sufficient paper and ribbon in the printer.
- To ensure that the daily cash up and related paperwork is completed accurately and completely according to the standard.
- Issue a receipt to the customer and return the appropriate change
- Any discrepancies must be accounted for and short falls will be deducted as per agreement.
- Must assist in the smooth running of the front of house.
- Must assist the front of house and back of house in running with orders.
- Assist anywhere possible when the store is quiet, including assisting in cleaning.
- Clean up the counter and Prepares a Sales analysis on a daily basis.
- Must on close of shift, ensure that the Admin Assistant / Admin manager has been called to do an end of shift cash-up for each till.
- Tsebo is committed to protecting your personal data as well as your rights relating to the information in line with the provisions of the applicable data protection laws.
- As a company we are committed to Employment Equity when recruiting internally and externally.
- It is company policy to promote from within wherever possible.
- Therefore, please be aware that internal candidates will be considered first before reviewing external applicants.
- Please note that Tsebo will not charge individuals seeking employment any fees, whether for registration, application, administration or placement.
To apply for this job please visit tsebo.erecruit.co.