The Canyon Coal Engineering Learnership Programme is designed for students who have recently completed their matric qualification and recent high school graduates who wish to gain more knowledge that will allow them to make sound and informed career decisions. More importantly, the Learnership programme offers school leavers an opportunity to acquire a trade qualification in their chosen field of study.
Learnerships And Bursaries
What are the requirements?
In order to qualify for this leadership, applicants must be able to meet the following conditions:
- A citizen or naturalized South African citizen
- Must already be an active student pursuing a recognized qualification at a South African tertiary education institution which accredited and registered with the Council for Higher Education
- A school leaver interested in acquiring a trade qualification
- Recently completed Grade 12 with science and math (2015-2018 graduates) with a 70% GPA
Recognized fields of study:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Diesel Mechanic
- Fitter and Turner
What is the selection process?
The selection of candidates will depend on academic performance. Canyon Coal has an internal committee that will be convened to make the final decision on who will be joining the Learnership programme.
How To Apply?
Prepare and attach the required documents listed below:
- ID documents of student and family breadwinner (certified copies)
- A certified true copy of your June exam results (December results to follow once available)
- A certified true copy of breadwinner’s latest payslip (if currently employed)
- If self-employed, breadwinner’s balance sheet (certified copy)
- If the parent, guardian or spouse is unemployed, a sworn affidavit indicating such status is required
- If no family member is formally employed, the source of income must be stated (e.g. seasonal employment, hawking)
- Make sure to read and follow the instructions carefully on the application form when filling it out.
Please write clearly in block capitals and read the accompanying directing letter carefully before completing the form and ensure that all sections and questions are fully answered or filled in to prevent you from being disqualified from the selection process