Table of Contents
Asset Clerks: Asset Management (2 Posts), Ref No. TPW 60/2022
Western Cape Department of Transport and Public Works – Cape Town, Western Cape
Full-Time | Government
Closing date 20th June 2022
- The Department of Transport and Public Works, Western Cape Government has opportunities for two (2) competent individuals to identify, take on and allocate assets.
- Grade 12 (Senior Certificate or equivalent qualification)
- Recommendation: A valid Code B (or higher) driving licence; Relevant work experience.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Office procedures;
- Applicable legislative and regulatory requirements, policies and standards;
- Disciplinary knowledge in public administration;
- Administrative and clerical procedures and systems;
- Applicable information management system;
- Communication (verbal and written) skills;
- Concern for others;
- Diversity citizen;
- Order and receive assets by ensuring that there is funding available and a need exists;
- Receive, capture and file Log1;
- Obtain quotes in accordance with policies and prescripts;
- Maintain contracts file and asset register by utilising contracts to procure goods/services that are on contracts;
- Maintain accurate records of contracts utilised and available for use;
- Marking assets;
- Maintaining an accurate ledger of assets on Logis;
- Identify shortages and surpluses;
- Update asset register;
- Update theft and losses register;
- Report on movement of assets by capturing all donations received and issued;
- Download asset reports;
- Participate in annual (bi-annual) stock take;
- Check if transactions comply with legislative requirements with regards to transaction control sheet.
- Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit copies of their documentation for verification purposes.
- These candidates will be required to attend interviews on a date and time as determined by the department.
- The selection process will be guided by the EE targets of the employing department.
- Kindly note that technical support is only available from Monday to Friday from 8:00 to 16.00.
- Should you experience any difficulties with your online application you may contact the helpline at 0861 370 202.
- Please ensure that you submit your application before the closing date as no late applications will be considered.
- R176 310 per annum (Salary level 5)
Note on remuneration
- Cost-to-employer (CTE) remuneration packages for certain occupation-specific dispensations (OSD), the middle-management service (MMS) and contract positions are inclusive of all costs related to service benefits or obligations including basic salary, 13th cheque, medical assistance, housing assistance, pension-fund contributions, etc.
- MMS remuneration packages are flexible and may be individually structured as prescribed.
- Where remuneration is not indicated as CTE, employees’ service benefits or obligations are funded or co-funded in terms of the applicable prescripts or collective agreements.
- Mr C Matthyse at (021) 483 4636
To apply for this job please visit westerncapegov.erecruit.co.