Company : Allan Gray
Location : Cape Town, South Africa
Closing date: 30 November 2021
Allan Gray: Grants Officer Internship Programme 2022
The Intern Grants Officer will assist in supporting grant development and management for the Grant-Making Centre of Excellence, with the role primarily focused on grant-making for the Philanthropy Initiative with Employees of Allan Gray.
This is an opportunity to deepen practical knowledge of the philanthropic landscape and develop high-level, professional skills and engage with a diverse group of partners across Education, Economic Resilience, Early Childhood Development, and other sectors.
- Support the effective management of the entire grant life cycle, from request for proposal to grant closure, including developing and/or analysing opportunities, conducting thorough due diligence, maintaining, and updating the grant management system, drafting grant agreements, preparing payments, tracking milestones, reviewing, and monitoring grantee reporting.
- Provide input into grantee capacity building interventions and workshop coordination.
- Assist with grant communications during Philanthropy Initiative campaigns and support the development of newsletters for internal and external stakeholders.
- Proactively develop strong, professional relationships and partnerships with Philanthropy Initiative partners, including grantees and Ambassadors.
- Increase technical knowledge in core focus areas and share insights and observations with the grant-making team and other stakeholders as relevant.
- Bachelor’s Degree in: Development, Business, Economics, or similar.
- 0 or less than two years’ work experience.
- Preference will be given to EE candidates.
- Passionate about development and want to grow in this space.
- Positive demeanour with strong inter-personal skills
- Quick learner
- Self-starter with the ability to take initiative and work in a fast-moving, team orientated environment.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Good attention to detail
- Willng to develop strong analytical and reporting skills.
- You are adaptable and are willing to identify and try new ways of doing things.
- Technology is a good friend.
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit agof.erecruit.co.