Company : Africa Practice
Location : Johannesburg, South Africa
Date listed: 27 May 2021
Africa Practice: Internship Programme 2021
You will play an integral role in supporting the Public Policy and Regulatory Affairs (PPRA) practice working closely with other team members at all levels. You will be exposed to complex public policy consulting projects, hone your aptitude in delivering fast-paced, accurate and high quality research, and gain experience in developing an incisive and impactful advisory skills-set in regulatory and policy affairs across a wide set of economic sectors.
You will work in a highly collaborative and supportive team environment, with constant opportunity for learning, self-improvement and feedback.
- Monitor and analyse news and social media coverage on key issues and themes relevant to our clients across Africa;
- Monitor regulatory and policy developments on key issues and themes relevant to our clients across Africa;
- Track institutional processes such as parliamentary sessions and regulatory bodies;
- Develop high quality briefing notes on political, regulatory and policy developments
- Provide research and writing support on regular client deliverables;
- Support with virtual event preparation and planning
- Monitor political and economic developments across Africa;
- Support client accounts and business development and marketing activities as directed.
- Social sciences,
- Languages: Excellent spoken and written English, proficiency in French is advantageous
- Excellent communication skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent critical thinking, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Good grasp of current political, regulatory and economic matters
- Keen interest in current affairs and curiosity about commercial developments in Africa
- Interest in policy and legislative developments and risk advisory
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit africapractice.com.