Company : Afgri
Location : Bellville, Cape Town, South Africa
Closing date: 15 September 2021
Afgri: Apprenticeship Programme 2021
AFGRI is offering an opportunity for an exciting apprentice training programme at various branches in the Western Cape. We invite all dynamic, self-motivated individuals with the necessary technical ability wishing to qualify as an Artisan, to apply. The Apprenticeship Programme affords the incumbent the opportunity to grow within AFGRI under the mentorship of our leaders.
The Apprenticeship Programme will include informal training as well as on-the-job development rotations in multidisciplinary teams. This apprenticeship will be a 3-year in-service training experience. This will be towards a qualification known as Tractor Mechanic. The first 6 months is a probation period.
The duties of the Apprentice will include:
- Trained to be a Tractor Mechanic / Technician
- Repair and maintenance of related equipment
- Responsible for stock control
- Customer service
- General work in the workplace
The minimum requirement for this application is:
- Valid Driver’s license
- Communication Skills
- Admin Skills
- Computer literacy
- N2 subjects:
- Engineering Science
- Diesel Trade Theory
- and anyone of the following (Industrial Electronics, Engineering / Technical Drawing, Motor Trade Theory)
Should the applicant not have the N2 qualification, the Matric Certificate will also be taken into consideration if the applicant has subjects such as:
- Mathematics (Not Literacy) (At least 40% / E-Symbol)
- Technical Mathematics (Not Literacy) (At least 40% / E-Symbol)
- Physical Science (At least 40% / E-Symbol)
- Technical Science (At least 40% / E-Symbol)
- Engineering Graphics and Design (At least 40% / E-Symbol)
Applicants who are not in possession of the above qualifications can undertake N2 requirement subjects through Further Education and Training sponsored by AFGRI as part of the programme.
- A highly motivated individual
- Attention to detail
- Team player
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit afgri.mcidirecthire.com.