Administrative Officer: Masakh’iSizwe Bursary Programme
Western Cape Department of Transport and Public Works – Cape Town, Western Cape
Closing date yi 29th ka August 2022
Table of Contents
- The Department of Transport and Public Works, Western Cape Government has an opportunity for a suitably qualified and competent individual to act as an institutional co-ordinator for the Masakh’iSizwe Bursary Programme for the University of Cape Town/University of Stellenbosch and Cape Peninsula University of Technology.
- An appropriate 3-year tertiary qualification (National Diploma/B-Degree or higher).
- A minimum of 1 year relevant experience.
Skills & Competencies
- Relevant legislation regarding Public Transport and Public Service administration;
- Skills Development Legislative and framework;
- Public Services, Provincial and Departmental strategies/policies/prescripts and other documents that address Public Transport Development;
- Provincial Growth and Development Strategy;
- Strategic Infrastructure Plan;
- Relevant software packages & sound application of relevant computer programmes;
- Human capital and financial administration;
- Computer literacy;
- Verbal and written communication;
- Report writing and formulation;
- Ability to interpret and apply policies;
- Ability to conduct basic research.
- Render line administrative support to the Masakh’iSizwe bursars of the University of Cape Town/University of Stellenbosch and Cape Peninsula University of Technology;
- Co-ordinate administrative management control activities pertaining to the bursars studying at the University of Cape Town/University of Stellenbosch and Cape Peninsula University of Technology;
- Assist in conducting research on matters that impact and inform the Masakh’iSizwe Bursary Programme, as instructed by the Assistant Manager;
- Develop, implement and maintain administrative systems.
- Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit copies of their documentation for verification purposes.
- These candidates will be required to attend interviews on a date and time as determined by the department.
- The selection process will be guided by the EE targets of the employing department.
- Kindly note that technical support is only available from Monday to Friday from 8:00 to 16.00.
- Should you experience any difficulties with your online application you may contact the helpline at 0861 370 202.
- Please ensure that you submit your application before the closing date as no late applications will be considered.
Note on remuneration:
- Cost-to-employer (CTE) remuneration packages for certain occupation-specific dispensations (OSD), the middle-management service (MMS) and contract positions are inclusive of all costs related to service benefits or obligations including basic salary, 13th cheque, medical assistance, housing assistance, pension-fund contributions, etc.
- MMS remuneration packages are flexible and may be individually structured as prescribed.
- Where remuneration is not indicated as CTE, employees’ service benefits or obligations are funded or co-funded in terms of the applicable prescripts or collective agreements.
- R261 3723 per annum (Salary Level 7)
- Ms CL September at (021) 483 9841
To apply for this job please visit westerncapegov.erecruit.co.