Department of Agriculture: Entry Level Secretary
Company : Department of Agriculture
Location : Pretoria, South Africa
Closing date: 17 June 2022
The Department of Agriculture, Land Reform and Rural Development invites unemployed youth to apply for the following Government entry level Jobs / positions.
Job level: Grade 12 / Junior / Entry level SA Government Jobs
Reference No: 3/2/1/2022/243
Salary: R176 310 per annum (Level 05)
- Grade 12 Certificate.
- Relevant experience in a secretarial environment
Knowledge: Advanced computer literacy (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc).
- Provide a secretarial / receptionist support services to the Director.
- Receive telephonic calls and refer them to the relevant role players if not meant for the Director.
- Record appointments and events on the diary.
- Type documents for the Director and other staff within the unit.
- Operate office equipments e.g. fax machines, scanners and photocopiers.
- Provide a clerical support services to the Director.
- Liaise with travel agencies to make travel arrangements for the Director.
- Check the arrangements when relevant documents are received.
- Arrange meetings and events for the Director and other staff in the unit.
- Identify venues, invite role players, organise refreshments and set up schedules for meetings and events.
- Process the travel and subsistence claims for the Director.
- Process all invoices that emanates from the activities of the work of the Director.
- Record basic minutes of the meetings of the Director where required.
- Draft routine correspondences and reports.
Skills and Competencies:
- Good telephone etiquette.
- Sound organisational skills,
- Good people skills,
- Computer literacy.
- Language skills and ability to communicate well with people at different levels and from different backgrounds.
- Basic written communication skills.
- Good grooming and presentation.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Willingness to work irregular hours.
- High level of reliability.
- Ability to act with tact and discretion.
- High level of confidentiality
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted with a Z83 form (Download Here) and must be accompanied by recently updated CV, ID documents, qualifications, and recent academic transcripts / records. Please indicate the reference number and position you are applying for on your application form.
NB. Supporting documents don’t have to be certified. Only shortlisted candidates will be required to submit certified copies of an ID documents, qualifications, and recent academic transcripts / records.
Send your application to:
Private Bag x918,
Hand deliver to: the Office of the Chief Registrar of Deeds at Cnr Bosman and Pretorius, Pretoria, 0001