Helderberg Training Centre
The Helderberg Training Centre, which was founded in 1991, is accredited by the South African Nursing Council as a training facility and provisionally registered with the Department of Higher Education in terms of the Further Education & Training Act. It is also registered as a non-profit organization (059-906NPO) and a public benefit organization (PBO 930024742). Since its inception, some 2300 learners have been registered with the Centre. Many of these auxiliary nurses have gone on to further their nursing careers through one of the public or private teaching hospitals.
- Nursing History and Ethics
- Basic Nursing Care
- Elementary Nutrition
- First Aid
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Introduction to Comprehensive Health Care
- Currently be unemployed
- Reside in the Western Cape for the duration of the course
- Be South African citizens
- Have Grade 12 with an average of 50% for English
- Biology and Natural Science would be advantageous
- Be fully functioning in basic mathematics, which will be tested
- Be fully conversant in English.
- Must have completed a care giver course at an accredited institution with at least 6 months experience post qualification.
How to Register/ Apply:
Click here for Application Forms.
|1. Complete the application form||1a) Complete the form on the webpage or print and send to us via email or the postal service. |
1b) You will be invited to the Selection Test if you meet the admission criteria.
|2. Write the Selection Test ||2a) You will not be allowed to sit the test unless you have all the relevant documents with you. |
2b) You need to pass the test with 75% in order to proceed to the next step
2c) If you pass you will be invited to the Selection Interview
|3. Do the interview||3a) On successfull completion of the Selection Interview, you will be offered a placement on the course.|
You need to report to the Helderberg Training Centre (Michael’s Arcade, Main Road, Somerset-West) on the date provided at 07:30. If you are late, or do not have all the required documentation, you will not be allowed to sit the test.
- 2 x certified copies of Identification Document
- 2 x certified copies of Grade 12 qualification
- 2 x certified copies of the Statement of Symbols
- bring R 200 for handling fee.
|Postal Address:||P.O. Box 1069Somerset West
|Physical Address:||Michael ArcadeSomerset West
|Contact Details :||Land line: 021 851 9168Fax: 021 852 3786
Email: [email protected]