Who we are
The Distell Group is South Africa and Africa’s leading producer and marketer of wines, spirits, ciders and other ready-to-drink (RTD) beverages, sold across the world. With a diverse portfolio of brands with rich provenance and authenticity, our products are priced across the pricing continuum to cater to a broad spectrum of consumers. We employ approximately 4 400 people and have an annual turnover of R26,1 billion.
We craft distinctive alcoholic beverage brands, enhance memorable moments and inspire responsible enjoyment. The value we create enriches the lives of our people, shareholders and the communities within which we live and work.
We are a proud African alcoholic beverages company with heritage, global reach, world-class people and the ability to do extraordinary things!
Creating memorable moments. Crafting a better future.
Our values define who we are as individuals and as a company. They guide how we conduct our business and engage with stakeholders.
- Customer and consumer focus – We are passionate about our customers and consumers.
- Excellence – We are committed to excellence in everything we do.
- One Distell – We win by collaborating with integrity, honesty & respect.
Our Key Strengths
- Differentiated brand and product portfolio straddling all key occasions
- Brands with rich provenance and authenticity
- South Africa’s Winelands
- Wind-swept Scottish Isles
- Portfolio ideally suited to intermediate premiumisation in developing markets
- Strong balance sheet position
- Impressive agricultural asset base with potential to unlock value
- Organisational culture that thrives on innovation
- A diverse pool of talented professionals
- Dominant regional alcoholic beverage brand and RTM owner
- #1 cider company globally
- #2 alcoholic beverages company in South Africa
- Leading regional alcoholic beverages player in Africa
- Diversify geographic base and step-change growth
- One or two other continents
- Drive scale not possible through organic growth