Cape Peninsula University of Technology (CPUT) has six campuses namely, Cape Town Campus, Bellville Campus, Mowbray Campus, Granger Bay Campus, Athlone Campus and Wellington Campus.
The Cape Peninsula University of Technology was established on 1 January 2005, when the Cape Technikon and Peninsula Technikon merged. This merger was part of a national transformation process that transformed the higher education landscape in South Africa.
Today, this institution is the only university of technology in the Western Cape and is the largest university in the region, boasting more than 30 000 students, several campuses and service points and more than 70 programmes.
However, the institution has humble beginnings in the Cape Technikon and Peninsula Technikon, which dates back to the early 1900’s.
Table of Contents
CPUT has six faculties and boasts more than 80 undergraduate and postgraduate courses in a wide range of fields.
Faculty of Applied Sciences
- Biotechnology and Consumer Science (with programmes in Biotechnology, and Consumer Science: Food and Nutrition)
- Conservation and Marine Sciences
- Environmental and Occupational Studies
- Food Technology
- Horticultural Sciences
- Mathematics and Physics
Faculty of Business
- Business Administration
- Cost and Management Accounting
- Entrepreneurship and Business Management
- Financial Accounting and Taxation
- Human Resources
- Internal Auditing
- Project Management and Management
- Office Management and Technology
- Public Management
- Real Estate
- Retail Business Management
- Sport Management
- Tourism and Events Management
Faculty of Education and Social Sciences
- General Education and Training
- Further Education and Training
- Teacher Professional Development
Faculty of Engineering
- Construction Management and Quantity Surveying
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering & Surveying
- Clothing & Textile Technology
- Electrical, Electronic and Computer Engineering
- Industrial & Systems Engineering
- Maritime Studies
- Mechanical Engineering
Faculty of Health and Wellness Sciences
- Biomedical Sciences
- Emergency Medical Sciences
- Dental Sciences
- Wellness Sciences
- Ophthalmic Sciences
- Nursing and Radiography
Faculty of Informatics and Design
- Architectural Technology
- Film and Video Technology
- Graphic Design
- Industrial Design
- Information Technology
- Interior Design
- Jewellery Design
- Public Relations Management
- Scholarship and Professional Practice
- Surface Design
- Town and Regional Planning
How to apply
To apply for admission, you have to complete an application form.
Some courses require students to submit additional information as part of their application. Please see the Additional admission requirements for more information.
Please note that applicants are limited to three choices (to be filled in on one form). Any further applications will be discarded.
There are four ways you can get a form to apply for admission:
1. Download a PDF of the form that you can print at home.
2. Collect a form at the Registration and Applications Office on the various campuses.
3. Request that an application form be mailed to you by writing to the Registrar:
Cape Peninsula University of Technology
PO Box 1906
You are now at the first step of your career – applying for admission.
Applying for admission to CPUT consists of seven steps.
Our annual Open Day takes place in May and provides visitors with first-hand information about our various courses.
CPUT assists students with accessing a wide variety of financial aid and funding for study-related costs such as fees, accommodation and books.
The Financial Aid office advises undergraduate (National Diploma) students on the various funding options available to them and assists with the application and administration process of various types of funding.
The Centre for Postgraduate Studies helps postgraduate students secure funding for their studies through various bursaries and loans offered by CPUT and external organisations.
Important Student Links for CPUT Students
- CPUT MyClassroom the official CPUT Learner Management System
for registered staff and students
- myCPUT Email and storage space for students
- CPUT OPA (Online Persoanl Access)
CPUT Student Online Services (SOS)
NEED HELP WITH REGISTRATION?
- Should you have any queries regarding online registration, please click here for the Online Registration FAQ.
- Download the relevant Subject Choice Form for your qualification
- To use SOS, you need a pin. Use the form on the right of this page to request a pin.
- Student Online Services (SOS) gives you access to your student data – anytime and from anywhere.
You can: register online at CPUT
- check the subjects that you are registered for
- print a proof of registration
- view your progress marks
- change your contact information
- check and pay your fees online.
Applications, admissions and registration enquiries
Email: [email protected]
Athlone Campus: Klipfontein Road, Heideveld – Tel: +27 21 684 1200
Bellville Campus: 7535 Symphony Way, (off Robert Sobukwe Road), Bellville – Tel: +27 21 959 6911
Cape Town Campus: Keizersgracht and Tennant Street, Zonnebloem – Tel: +27 21 460 3911
Granger Bay Campus: 8000 Beach Road, Mouille Point – Tel: +27 21 440 5700
Mowbray Campus: 8000 Highbury Road, Mowbray – Tel: +27 21 680 1500
Wellington Campus: 7654 Jan van Riebeeck Street, Wellington – Tel: +27 21 864 5200