Trainee Project Management at Momentum Asset Management
Closing Date: 5 December 2014
Momentum has a positions for a Trainee Project Management in Sandton. The purpose will be to provide a positive and stimulating learning environment where interns can develop their potential to prepare them for a career in asset management.
Momentum Asset Management is one of South Africa’s largest investment managers. The company manages funds for several institutions, including companies, parastatals, retirement funds, medical aids, trusts and educational institutions.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Plan and coordinate the deliverables of the project and team members (business representatives).
- Create and execute project plans and revise where appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements of the projects.
- Monitor day-to-day operational aspects of a project, scope and budget.
- Prepare weekly progress reports to the senior project manager and stakeholders – summarising processes, highlight key points of concern / learnings, etc.
- Assist in identifying requirements and drafting of project initiation and other project related documentation.
- Develop and make presentations as required.
- Assist in the facilitation of client and project team meetings.
- Apply company project management methodology, process and templates as applicable.
- Appropriate undergraduate qualification e.g. BCom – Economics, Finance, Investment Management.
- Computer proficiency in MS Excel
- Willing to learn
- Initiative and pro-activeness / self-starter
- Conceptual thinker
- Communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Team player
How to apply