Submit CV: Industrial Engineering Graduate Opportunity at Sasol
Sasol has a position for a Engineer in Training within the Supply chain department in Secunda. The incumbent will be employed into Sasol’s three year graduate development program with the aim to develop the candidate into a well-balanced competent engineer and prepare the candidate for a possible permanent position in Sasol. The graduate will report to the Senior Manager Supply Chain Design Optimisation.
The candidate will:
- Utilising theoretical training (under-graduate) in engineering discipline and apply in practice;
- To learn and understand the Sasol value chain (including Operations, Technology (Engineering and Project Management)), its products and applications, test methods and equipment in context of discipline learning.
- To understand the Sasol Operations Standards Framework and to operate within it.
- To learn how to translate theoretical knowledge into practical application that will add business value.
- Support and follow instructions to execute the operation, design, engineering, development and/or modification of processes/equipment (typically Tier 4 or 5 projects) in accordance with sound established engineering principles and standards to satisfy business requirements.
- Data mining and data interpretation
- Supply chain processes, improvement and optimisation
Experience in Industrial engineering:
- Develop a sound understanding of Industrial engineering generalist knowledge and sound understanding with regards to process equipment (eg. design and safe operation thereof).
- To follow guidance and safely execute tasks to provide accurate and reliable results and solutions for leaders.
- Exposure to and execution under guidance of selected design and execution, commissioning and start-up.
- Develop selected detailed knowledge in defined fields of industrial engineering.
- Develop selected knowledge in technology or functional areas (eg. Fischer-Tropsch/GTL, refinery, chemicals, utilities, supply chain, etc.).
- Support the execution (follow technical instruction to enable) of an engineering scope of work for small multidisciplinary projects (i.e. Tier 4 or 5).
Aware of best practices and able to ensure/maintain compliance in own area:
- Learn to utilise engineering systems, tools and standards (own, local and international) in own work and projects.
- Learn to create, develop and update engineering systems, tools and standards.
- Learn to operate within the Sasol Operations Standards Framework
Core Elements of Job and Key Performance Indicators
- Strategy and Policy
- Planning and People
- Performance management (own)
- Governance & risk management
- Relationship Management
- B-Eng (Industrial) Degree
- 0 – 3 years’ experience in field of Industrial engineering
How to apply
Applications close on 07 April 2016.
[otw_shortcode_button href=”https://career012.successfactors.eu/career?company=SASOLINTPROD&career_ns=job_listing&navBarLevel=JOB_SEARCH&site=VjItd2lwd0wvelN2SnBwUitIbFAvc3NiUT09&_s.crb=O/HFeEUprakd/XlWZnEeIJdqWyY%3D&career_job_req_id=10703&jobPipeline=Indeed” size=”medium” icon_position=”left” shape=”round” color_class=”otw-red” target=”_blank”]Click here To Apply Online[/otw_shortcode_button]
Click here to apply online