Location: South Africa
Improved institutional capacity for disaster management (DM).
- Facilitate for development of framework and DRM plans for SAR & WVSA.
- Build capacity of projects and link them with the institutions of DM in RSA context.
- Facilitate CBDRM training and liaise with DM experts for developing IEC materials on disasters.
- Carry out disaster risk assessment of communities through participatory approaches and work with technical experts on some technical issues of risk assessment
Planning and Strategic Role
- Plan and design for administration of fleet (Vehicles and motorbikes) to ensure cost effectiveness and reliability.
- Implement and maintain administration and fleet management policies, systems and procedures.
- Maintain fleet disposal schedule and initiate disposal processes according to World Vision policies.
- Participate in budgeting process for the department.
- Strengthen Standardization and enforcement of fleet management procedures, guidelines and processes; especially the GPS (GEOTAB) fleet monitoring.
- Analyze and disseminate information from fleet management (GPS and any other) system for management decision.
- Ensure that all organization’s motor vehicles and motorcycles are properly insured in accordance with the set policies.
- Promote and spearhead safety driving /riding of motorcycles and motor vehicles in the organization.
- Management of the disposal process of the WVSAR and SA Vehicles and motorcycles in accordance with the disposal policy.
- Management of fleet and logistics related contracts for goods and services
- Analyze vehicle status and cost upkeep, provide recommendations on vehicle disposal and replacement.
- Support the implementation of the security management plan for the country program through providing adequate transport planning and support.
- Ensure effective management of the office security in liaison with the SARO Risk Department.
- Maintain a system of asset management in line with World Vision guidelines.
- Ensure effective management of office premises and good facility management.
- Together with Admin Assistants, ensure that effective and efficient events management and logistics are delivered to staff.
- Manage the administrative logistics of expatriate and international staff.
- Monitor the contracts in the administration department to achieve value for money
- Facilitate implementation of the National Office security strategy in alignment with WV security policy so as to ensure the operational priorities are appropriately supported.
- Ensure Security Risk Assessments, Country Risk Ratings and Core Security Requirement standards, processes and procedures are completed in accordance with Corporate Security guidelines and training.
- Develop and maintain critical security incident contingency plans based on Country Risk Rating and Response Context.
- Represent WVSAR and SARO at local NGO security network meetings and ensure information from these groups is disseminated to relevant staff.
- Seek to develop a culture of security awareness and monitor staff compliance.
- Provide a regular security report to the National Office, Region and Office of Corporate Security. Ensure that all security incidents are reported in accordance with WV Security Policy.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- A University Degree in Business Administration/Logistics or relevant Bachelor’s degree in Security Management, Risk Management, Strategic Studies, International Relations or Emergency Management. (General Management/Administration studies also considered);
- Qualification in logistics management or Administration is necessary
- At least a level of professional qualification of CIPS or CILT or an equivalent in Administration.
- Three (3) years managerial experience in Administration, Logistics and Fleet Management
- Must have a valid driving permit with at least 5 years driving experience.
- Must have good analytical and report writing skills.
- High level of integrity and stewardship:
- Previous experience in the professional security arena (INGO, Corporate, Military, Law Enforcement, or Emergency Services).
- Committed to the World Vision values and ethics
Additional work experience required as a minimum qualification for this position
- Candidate must have previously led or supervised diverse teams or departments for not less than two years.
- Proficiency in English and one of the local languages (IsiZulu, Sesotho, Xhosa).
- Experience in both profit and not for profit in complex cultural environment
Submission & Deadline
If you are the right candidate, please email your letter of motivation (Max 1 page) and CV (Max 5 pages) with contactable references to Ms Lele Ngcongwane at the email: [email protected]. Only short listed candidates who meet the minimum criteria, will be contacted.
Application Deadline: Sunday the 28th of August