location: Cape Town , Western Cape
closing date: 28 February 2021
Job Advert Summary
An opportunity has become available for a Fleet Controller at our depot. The role of the Fleet Controller is to plan, direct, coordinate the transportation operations and to meet operational requirements of the business and clientele.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Serve as the key communication channel for all the operational activities and ensure that all relevant departments are updated with regards
to important operational data.
• Provide regular reports to senior management and adhere to the daily reporting schedule regarding the latest performance figures, on-going
projects and other critical ops information, as well as cash up.
• In case of breakdowns, overloads or any other disruptions to the committed delivery time see that relevant departments and clients are
• Monitor the temperatures of cooling units as is required by clients and complete temperature reports for each load.
• Monitor the procedures and quality of services of subcontractors as delivered to clients.
• Phone clients in advance to secure loads for turnover target and clients requirements.
• Grade 12 (essential)
• Relevant tertiary qualification advantageous
• Proven experience in refrigerated transport environment
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in logistics/transport environment
• Thorough understanding of long distance transport and driver management
• Computer literate (MS Office and Outlook) Essential
• Fully Bilingual (English and Afrikaans) Essential
To apply for this job please visit unitrans.erecruit.co.