Faculty Health Sciences
School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences
Lecturer/ Undergraduate Programme Lead
Job ID: 3802
KINDLY TAKE NOTE: Applications may only be submitted online through the official UFS vacancy website: http://www.ufs.ac.za/templates/vacancies. Applications submitted through any other platform will not be considered.
*NB! Please ensure that all relevant documentation is attached to your application. INCOMPLETE OR APPLICATIONS SENT VIA EMAIL WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
• A detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter (please note that the first three (3) referees on your CV will be contacted with regard to reference checking);
• Certified copies (not older than 6 months) of all academic records;
• Certified copies (not older than 6 months) of qualifications (please provide the SAQA accreditation in the case of foreign qualifications);
• A certified copy (not older than 6 months) of your identity document (ID);
• Proof of registration with a Professional Body (if applicable);
• A copy of your driver’s license (if applicable).
Duties and responsibilities:
• Strive for excellence in all aspects of teaching and learning within the different academic programmes within the School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences.
• Responsible to ensure the achievement of the strategic goals of the School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences with regards to teaching and learning including, but not limited to, areas such as community and stakeholder engagement and programme accreditation.
• Responsible to provide effective and appropriate academic and scholarly teaching and learning direction within the School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences.
• Responsible to ensure improving and maintaining all academic standards for programme accreditation across all programmes in the School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences in terms of teaching and learning initiatives, graduate and research output.
• Manage teaching and learning activities within the Clinical Skills Unit, as aligned to innovative new educational developments and strategies.
• Develop, implement and maintain databases within the School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, to inform strategic decision-making.
• Analyse relevant data within the School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, to inform strategic decision-making.
• Develop, implement and maintain a graduate development module within the School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences.
• A Master’s degree or equivalent qualification on NQF level 9 in Health Sciences, Health Sciences Education or Higher Education.
• An undergraduate qualification in a Health Sciences programme.
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience in Health Education with a focus on teaching and learning.
• Evidence of publications and conference presentations in health sciences education or higher education.
• A good academic record.
• Results Orientated:
– The ability to set high standards, establish tough goals, and to work to achieve success.
– The ability to cope with a frequently changing environment and to adapt to evolving situations.
• Strategic Thinking:
– The ability to to deal with several activities at a time.
– The ability to be creative and open-minded when addressing work issues.
• Business Acumen:
– Ability to adhere to rules and strictly follow work regulations.
– Proficient in using MS Office.
– Ability to maintain high levels of personal motivation, energy and enthusiasm.
– The ability to lead, take charge of situations, and offer opinions and directions to others.
• Building Coalitions:
– The ability to interact with others and establish personal connections with people.
– The ability to make decisions through consultation, collaboration and working with close supervision.
• A PhD or equivalent qualification on NQF level 10 in Health Sciences, Health Sciences Education or Higher Education.
• Experience with data analytics and relevant software, such as SPSS, R, or others.
• Experience in making management decisions related to teaching and learning based on data analytics.
Assumption of duties:
As soon as possible.
30 April 2021.
The salary scale is available on request.
For enquiries, please feel free to contact 051 401 7705/ 7267/ 9848 /9003 /or email [email protected]