Company : Teach The Nation (TTN)
Location : Western Cape, South Africa
Date listed: 19 April 2021
Teach The Nation: Leadership Development Program 2021
Teach The Nation (TTN), recruits a network of exceptional leaders who will work together to change the inequity that characterizes our education system. Our network of leaders become a talent pool from which underserviced schools in the Western Cape will invite the most inspiring young leaders to a final interview as part of a selection process to lead through Education for the 2022 academic year.
By becoming part of our inspring pool of leaders, it means that the school knows that you a graduate professional with the skills and competencies needed to change the lives of students in high need schools because of your potential to be a change maker in classrooms and communities.
If you are successful after the final interview with the school, you become part of a network of, South Africa’s most inspiring young leaders appointed into a two-year leadership development fellowship in high need schools with teaching as a window of opportunity for your leadership development.
- Empower students with strong belief of their capacity in contributing to the edifice of building a prosperous for all South Africa
- Set high expectations for your students and build a culture of achievement in the classroom
- Design effective lesson plans tailored to students’ needs
- Provide one-on-one mentorship approaches of teaching to keep students engaged and motivate them to learn
- Design and make use of learning aids to create a conducive learning environment for students
- Collaborate with other teachers, school leaders and community members in order to provide comprehensive care for their students
- Administer and analyse assessments in order to monitor students’ academic progress
- Organise parent meetings to engage them in the learning of their children
- Research, Plan and implement projects to address one primary challenge to students’ achievement.
- Creatively inspire and engage with the students inside and outside the classroom
Qualification / Accreditations:
Must be a graduate of a 360 credit (NQF level 7) degree or Advanced diploma from a recognised higher education institution
- Resilience and perseverance
- Critical thinking
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Passion for something greater than themselves
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit teachthenation.mcidirecthire.com.