Reports to the Head: Education
The purpose of this position will be responsible for the full function of providing careepathing services and support to learners in high school, students at tertiary and alumni.
- Assist with the development and implementation of the Student support services strategy
- Business Development and Stakeholder Engagement and Management:
- Maintain existing and establish new partnerships with organisations/ universities/ SETA’s for collaboration in the delivery of career pathing and alumni services
- Identify fundraising opportunities and leads
- Scope (The way that the position impacts on the organization):
- • To provide Learning support to students at High school and those at Institutions of Higher Learning (Universities).
- • To deliver a comprehensive range of information, advice and guidance to Learners at High schools and at Tertiary Institutions that promotes wellbeing, safety and academic success.
- Psychosocial support to learners and students:
- Develop methodologies for the detection and identification of psychosocial issues
- Develop strategies through partnerships and collaborations to address the outcomes from psychosocial assessments conducted
- Learner Career Assessment:
- Engage identified students in conversation to determine their specific backgrounds and academic aspirations.
- Evaluate students’ abilities, interests and personalities, aiming to provide regular guidance and support activities.
- Contact students to conduct learning preparedness assessments and communicate course information and required course materials.
- Student Support Events:
- Coordinate all Student Support Events
- Student Bursaries:
- Guide and Advise learners on University entrance requirements.
- Identify Bursary funders for learners.
- University Applications:
- Assist learners with University applications.
- Student Programs:
- Coordinate Student orientation programs.
- Learner and university student support
- Maintain an updated database of all university alumni
- Working Alumni:
- Maintain, collate data for the Alumni database and produce statistical data
- Engage and promote alumni networks via various platforms including social platforms, publication, e-communication and events
- Driven and energetic.
- Initiating action.
- Building and maintaining stakeholder relationships.
- Cross-cultural/Diversity management
- Impact and influence.
- Follow through
- Strong analytical skills for evaluating student needs.
- Counselling expertise.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office
- Project Management expertise.
- Understanding of Department of Education laws and by-laws.
- Valid Driver’s License (code 8 or 10)
- Decision-making skills.
- Policy review skills
- Excellent Interpersonal Relations skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Counselling skills
- Good influencing skills.
- Leadership skills.
- Relationship building and Stakeholder Management skills.
- Ability to compose original correspondence, write reports, have effective interaction with people, and to communicate ideas and receive and process information from others.
- Sound written and verbal communications skills
- Reliable and flexible individual.
- Education and Formal Training
- Bachelor’s Degree/ 3-year qualification in Communication/ Social Sciences. Work Experience
- 2-3 years’ experience in Student Management or similar role
Please send a covering letter and CV to [email protected]
Application Deadline: Monday, 31 August, 2020