Location: South Africa
Closing date: 31 July 2021
Part of our commitment to our trade is recognising that for one to be a master in their trade, support is a key ingredient. That is why we offer bursaries to scholars who have enrolled to study Actuarial Science in 2022.
Who are we looking for
If you are a South African citizen, whiz at maths, enjoy a good challenge by solving difficult problems and are willing to remain focused and disciplined through years of studying and training, then you are just who we’re looking for.
What do we offer
- Tuition and accommodation fees
- General allowance (Books and pocket money)
- Mentoring and academic support from Sanlam actuarial professionals
- Vacation work and networking opportunities with Sanlam staff
- Guaranteed employment after completion of studies
- Continued support and payment towards actuarial board exams
- Range of work rotation opportunities across a broad spectrum of disciplines
What do we require?
- Academic results:
- Final 2020 Grade 11 results
- Grade 12 mid-year 2021 results
- NBT results
- Final grade 12 results may be used as determining factor
- An above 90% score in Mathematics and an overall A aggregate
- A motivational letter to support your application
Your motivational letter should answer the following questions:
- In your own words, can you describe what an actuary does?
- Why do you want to study actuarial science?
- Why do you believe you have what it takes to become an actuary?
- Why should Sanlam choose you to be a bursary holder?
- If you are not successful at becoming an actuary, what other career paths are you considering?
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and attach the following documentation:
- Comprehensive CV as indicated,
- Certified copy of your ID,
- Final Grade 11 results and Grade 12 mid-year results,
- Motivational letter to support your application.
To apply for this job please visit careers.sanlamcloud.co.za.