Every year, students are invited to apply for the NMISA bursary award. Students who are pursuing Undergraduate or Postgraduate studies within any of these fields of study, may apply for the NMISA award:
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronic Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Materials Science
NMISA will select bursary recipients based on 2 main criteria: academic merit and financial need.
MORE ABOUT THE NMISA BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE & SERVICE CONTRACT
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees, prescribed textbook allowance, residence fees, as well as any other and necessary requirements.
Over and above these monetary benefits, students will also be given an opportunity to work at NMISA during vacations to gain working experience.
Once students have graduated, they will be required for work for NMISA for the same amount of time as the bursary received, under the work back service contract obligation. There is also the opportunity for graduate students to pursue a career in the Science of accurate Measurement (Metrology) at NMISA.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted – should you not receive any feedback from NMISA, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE NMISA BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric OR be currently in Matric
- You must have achieved an exemption in Matric
- You must be studying or be registered to study full-time within one of the aforementioned fields of study (Undergraduate or Postgraduate)
- You must be studying or be registered to study at a recognised University in South Africa
- You must have a strong academic record
- You must have proven financial need
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NMISA BURSARY
Download and complete the NMISA Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Grade 11 certificate (certified copy)
- Matric latest results OR Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full academic record (certified copy)
- Educational qualifications (certified copies)
- Full Curriculum Vitae
- Motivational letter explaining why you deserve to be awarded the bursary
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
1) Email: [email protected]
2) Fax: 086 756 3451
Private Bag X 34
CLOSING DATE FOR THE NMISA BURSARY
31 July 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact NMISA directly:
National Metrology Institute of South Africa
Department: Human Resources
Tel: 012 841 4704
Email: [email protected]